Mobileread
How To Turn an iPod Touch into a Moleskine Book
#11  Steven Lyle Jordan 06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
And you probably did, too... as soon as she got home, I'm sure she blogged all about the perv who hit on her at the bookstore (ew). Better hope she didn't secretly photograph you!

#12  Taylor514ce 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I was just sitting there, like totally minding my own business or whatever, you know. And like, it was sooo funny, this totally old guy came up and I swear to god, like wanted to like draw me or whatever, and he was all like you're so pretty, oh you have beautiful lines, whatever that means, so full of fake artsy crap. Too weird. Nice try. Walk away, dude. LUSER!

#13  tsgreer 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Quote Taylor514ce
I was just sitting there, like totally minding my own business or whatever, you know. And like, it was sooo funny, this totally old guy came up and I swear to god, like wanted to like draw me or whatever, and he was all like you're so pretty, oh you have beautiful lines, whatever that means, so full of fake artsy crap. Too weird. Nice try. Walk away, dude. LUSER!

OK, that was great!

I do have to say that I have met plenty of people by sketching them though. Actually I can't really think of a time I got turned down after I show them my sketchbook. It's best if your sketchbook has other portrait sketches that you have done. That way you can prove that you aren't a perv.

As I do the sketch, I talk to them and get to know them. The trick is you have to sketch pretty fast. I have found out that 99% of them say they would love to be an artist but that they have no talent. I then explain that it's really a matter of just learning the craft--which I believe by the way. Some people are born with a natural talent, but I wasn't. I just stuck with it and hey, what do ya know, 30 years later and I'm pretty passable at it.

Anyway, I have broken artist-ethics and sketched someone just to get a date. But I fess up when out on the date.

I've never been turned down on the sketch part, but plenty turned down on the date part. Having a sketchbook and charcoal doesn't attract the ladies quite as much as having a guitar. Darn it! But it's a really great way to get to know people...

#14  Taylor514ce 06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Well I can't always carry my guitar around with me. Have you seen the Scribblings thread, yet?

#15  Donnageddon 06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Quote jplumey
I did this for my Reader, but probably wouldn't do it for an iPhone or an iPod so those things are often attached to my belt.
You did the moleskine thing for your reader? Or the steampunk thingie?

#16  delphidb96 06-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I dunno... [shakes head in abject confusion] I mean, why would you want to turn *ANYTHING* into a book made from a skinny mole? I just can't see the benefit - either to the reader *OR* the skinny mole.

Derek

#17  tirsales 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe if the skinny mole wanted to commit suicide?

#18  delphidb96 06-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Quote tirsales
Maybe if the skinny mole wanted to commit suicide?

I'm foursquare against gratuitous suicidal violence by skinny moles! I'm the founder of the Society for the Pampering and Uplifting of Moles, Skinny or Otherwise, SPUMSO for short.

Derek

#19  tirsales 06-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote delphidb96
I'm foursquare against gratuitous suicidal violence by skinny moles! I'm the founder of the Society for the Pampering and Uplifting of Moles, Skinny or Otherwise, SPUMSO for short.
May I join?
That would make me

Honourable Undersecretary for doing staff, PMOSPUMSO

PMOSPUMSO of course being "Proud member of the Society for the Pampering and Uplifting of moles, Skinny or Otherwise".

#20  Madam Broshkina 06-13-2008, 08:50 PM
How a skinny mole becomes a notepad cover. A cautionary tale.

Mother Mole: Honey you had better finish your dinner.
Toddler Mole: I don't wanna!
Mother Mole: If you do not eat your dinner and gain some weight I will turn you into a notepad cover!
Toddler Mole: You wouldn't dare Mommy.
Mommy Mole: Remember your older brother Timmy.
Toddler Mole: Yeah, what ever happened to him.
Mommy Mole: Go grab the notepad off the shelf.
Toddler Mole: Ok, I've got it.
Mother Mole: Does it smell familiar?
Toddler Mole: Sniff.... can I have some more food Mommy.

The end.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register