Mobileread
Catalogueing ePubs software [wanted]
#11  DNSB 04-24-2020, 11:31 PM
Quote Ghitulescu
To list a plurality of items from some directories one doesn't need to learn yet another programming (???) language nor to adapt an existing software - one simply needs to remember the good old C++ and make use of MFC classes (like open file dialogue) then "custom paint" the items accordingly (except for extracting metadata, MFC can do all what I want).

I only hoped somebody had this idea before so that I don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Are you also looking at Mac OSX and Linux versions of that utility?

#12  Ghitulescu 04-27-2020, 04:08 AM
Quote JSWolf
Why do you want to reinvent the wheel when Calibre can do what you want? Sure it does some things you don't want. But it's very easy to just not do the things you don't want to do.
Because it's not for me.

Quote davidfor
So, as it is so simple, you'll be releasing it tomorrow?
I don't have time to program anything. I still work (for others ). It may be a retirement project, if no available solution is there by then.
Quote DNSB
Are you also looking at Mac OSX and Linux versions of that utility?
Not really, but I don't mind finding some alternatives

#13  JSWolf 04-27-2020, 08:51 AM
@Ghitulescu what is it that Calibre does that it doesn't do the way you want? I know Calibre does more then you want, but if you ignore those features, what does Calibre do that makes it not for you?

#14  Ghitulescu 04-29-2020, 12:08 PM
That software is not for me to work with - sorry, I just realised that there might be a misunderstanding.
It is to be used by students. I don't want to give them the full control.

Maybe I'll find some time to remember programming and then to do some, for the good old times' sake

#15  bestlem 06-27-2020, 09:25 AM
Then calibre is what you want

You set it up and run it as a Web server. Only you can edit add etc.

Other users use it via the Web that just gives listing and some search. They can't change anything
See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html
You do. Need client

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register