Mobileread
Book Uploads Posting Guidelines
#11  hapax legomenon 09-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Great. I'll be uploading soon!

Here's another question.

I'll be hosting the ebook anthology on several sites, although this will probably be the first place I upload it to.

Is there any way to gauge the number of downloads from a particular ebook (for mobipocket vs. lrf, for example).

#12  RWood 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Quote hapax legomenon
Is there any way to gauge the number of downloads from a particular ebook (for mobipocket vs. lrf, for example).
Yes, next to each downloadable file icon there is a counter indicating how many times that file has been downloaded. Here is an example (of Harry's Sherlock Holmes Omnibus) that shows how many times each version has been downloaded.

We always put the download in the first post of the thread to keep people from having to search the whole thread. When new versions are created they can either be added as it was in this case or the old one can be deleted and the new one added. When it is deleted most times the poster will add a note as to how many times the prior version(s) have been downloaded.

I hope this helps.

#13  ath 09-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Isn't there something wrong in the first post? I reached this forum through 'E-Book Uploads' and 'Other Formats', which is said to include PDF etc. Yet first post says LRF only -- surely that's wrong?

#14  HarryT 09-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Now corrected - thanks for pointing out the error.

#15  ProDigit 11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Could you please explain the issue concerning adding text to the ebook that is like this:
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.
To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
or is this being added automatically?

I don't understand exactly what I need to fill in.
I first want to start with converting books from the gutenberg archive (to LRF).
Later on I'd like to convert some books from a friend writer who says he does no longer sell his books, but would not mind them becoming freely available, as long as it doesn't cost him anything.

I'll try to work out the copyright issues with him in person.
But my main concern is about copyright notations on how to publish a book (that can also be found in the gutenberg archive).

#16  mrmikel 03-21-2009, 05:39 AM
There are a number of books that are available as .lit or pdf file but which are not allow to be re-posted, primarily due to Crown copyright.

Is there a forum to post links to these resources so members can download them directly?

I have been reading a book of biographies of Australian Naval Personalities which displays adequately on the Sony Reader and I thought it might be useful to others who are interested to be able to go get it for themselves.

It is available at the Australian Navy site, as are a number of works about New Zealand in World War II at nzetc.org.

#17  Sparrow 03-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Quote mrmikel
There are a number of books that are available as .lit or pdf file but which are not allow to be re-posted, primarily due to Crown copyright.

Is there a forum to post links to these resources so members can download them directly?
Sounds like the 'Deals, Freebies and Resources' forum would be appropriate.

#18  mrmikel 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Posted them over there so people can scoop up some of these files themselves if they are interested.

#19  tobor 07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Your instructions say the Subject Line should be in this format:

Author_surname, Author_firstname (or initials): Book_title. Version. Posting Date

What do you mean by "Version". I see people put Format here (PDF etc.). Is that what is meant by "Version", or is it the version of the book you are uploading? Thanks

#20  Jellby 07-13-2009, 06:52 AM
"Version" means the version number you give to the particular book you upload. Typically you start with v1, then if you improve or correct something you upload v2, etc. In normal cases you replace v1 with v2, so instead of starting a new thread you rename the old one.

Other information tokens, such as format (when needed), language, whether it's an illustrated version, etc. are usually added to the thread title too.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register