Mobileread
Weird text replacement
#1  C-novice 12-07-2019, 11:42 AM
Guys, have you ever experienced weird text replacement in your epub books?

I find that in some books, a word is replaced with the text 'chapter one'. When I go back to the original book file and read that line the word that is being replaced with 'chapter one' is 'unknown' in a few cases. In others they could be different words.

The replacement only happens once the epub file goes to the ereader. Since the original book files on my computer are okay. I use Moon+ Reader Pro on my Samsung Tab 4 tablet.

I'm wondering if Moon+ Reader Pro may be the cause and have sent a query to the dev.

This happens with books purchased from kobo and amz (only 2 places i purchased books) and converted via calibre then the files moved to my reader.

So anyone else seen this weridness?

#2  dwall 12-08-2019, 12:31 PM
I had just posted an issue I noticed with the letter b being visually replaced with the letter h in some words beginning with b and having certain vowels as the second letter. It apparenty is a moon reader font issue. Weird as the letter b shows up fine in other words that contain a b. I am using the roboto-thin font. I also use a Samsung Tab 4. The book I was reading happened to have the word biscuits used multiple times so I was seeing hiscuits. I verified the word was correct in Calibre before and after conversion.

#3  dwall 12-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Hmm, have you checked 'names replacement' is m+r settings?

#4  C-novice 12-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Quote dwall
'names replacement' is m+r settings?
not sure what that is -where and how?

I'm still hoping to hear from the dev.

#5  dwall 12-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Quote C-novice
not sure what that is -where and how?

I'm still hoping to hear from the dev.
In miscellaneous. I discovered that was my issue.

#6  C-novice 12-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Quote dwall
In miscellaneous. I discovered that was my issue.
dwall. It was a Name Replacement issue.

Much gratitude for pointing me in the right direction.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register