Mobileread
New Mars firmware
#1  Jinz 01-11-2020, 10:16 AM
I took the plunge this morning and it worked. It doesn't seem like much of a progress though, more like Boss said to do something and here it is.
The Home screen is gone, now there's only books and apps. Apps are all jumbled up and still can't be sorted except by pushing one to the top so it's going to be a long term process of favorites filtration. But at least the light color can now be mixed and there are a few factory presets too.
If anyone finds something sensational please let us know!

#2  ottischwenk 01-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Which Android Version is it?

#3  Waldy 01-11-2020, 11:29 AM

#4  Lparsons21 01-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Another update, and yes a couple nice things. But still no support for the current Nook app and still laggy.

Back on the shelf!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#5  ilyats 01-11-2020, 11:21 PM
You can (at least on Muses) change settings to have apps page only on the home screen, with library page and the revamped notes app (you probably don't have it on Mars as you don't have pen) accessible via icons on it. You can also turn off the annoying grid lines on app page there.
Also there is now function to set feedback to Boyue and a user guide. BTW, in the old UI you could select five apps appearing as icons on library screen, so in this respect the new UI is a step backwards.
If you are looking for Google Android setting page, it is now available from the new Settings page under "About device page" (the arrow to right at upper half of right side of the screen) as Settings. You can now set device to charge only by default when attached to computer in developer options (previous firmware has a bug there causing fantom earphones to appear/)

#6  toancv 01-13-2020, 02:34 AM
For me, this is really important upgrade. Some points I think useful are:
- I can now mix the light color easily.
- Battery saver and Airplan mode has brought shortcut to top bar menu.
- Screenshot function is also added. I don't have to install separate app any more.
- ZReader is really a lot better than Boyue Reader for English books.

Here are all the details that I get it from Boyue Likebook on Facebook page:

��System bar:
1. Backlight cooling and heating lamp joint adjustment function;
2. Power saving mode;
3. Screenshot function;
4. Flight mode;

��Blog OS:
1. TTS voice reading function;
2. book thumbnail quick look function;
3. Traditional and simplified conversion function;
4. Chinese and English cloud font download function;
5. Multi-document mode;
6. read health reminder function;
7. Display and close the top status bar function;
8. Enter the page to view and return to the search function when searching;
9. Click the page number to select the page jump function;
10. the reading interface rotation function in four directions;
11. Select the line type function;
12. Sort notes according to original position and sort by update time;
13. Added support for CSS style (Zreader) reader, currently only supports epub format books;

����Settings:
1. Unified account management function;
2. desktop standard mode and desktop minimalist mode selection;
3. System push wallpaper function;
4. Wallpaper random play function;
5. Custom shutdown wallpaper function;
6. Independently choose to enable the "Detect Upgrade Package" and "Version Update Reminder" functions;
7. Help and feedback entry;

��Share it:
1. Add mail and Googledriver sharing methods;
2. Optimize the Daoyun login method, add mobile phone login, QQ code scan login, etc .;

��Application:
Modify the sorting function to the application top function;

��File manager:
Long press the book to select the function of opening mode;

#7  Incanus 01-13-2020, 07:55 AM
I agree this is an important upgrade. I am quite satisfied with the homescreen changes, the status bar improvements and the backlight access and management.

Since I use the stock app for reading and Calibre Companion for library management, I'm quite content with the current Android version, though I understand It might be an issue for those who would like to install other applications or reader apps.

Anyway, as I said: very satisfied with the overall improvements of this quite comprehensive upgrade.

Kind regards,

[INCANUS]

#8  Jinz 01-14-2020, 10:31 AM
OK, on second look there are some really nice things like the battery saver and light mixing, it looks really good. When I wrote this post I had just noticed the missing home screen. Now I only wish for the ability to sort apps like on every phone, and there are still the rather useless sleep timers but this reader is only getting better.

#9  ottischwenk 01-14-2020, 11:45 AM
Quote Jinz
Now I only wish for the ability to sort apps like on every phone,
You can sort, but each application only in the first place, causing all others to move backwards.

#10  peter7764 01-15-2020, 12:00 AM
My device always cannot load webview and break the app after this update.

the crash is about android.view.InflateException

Did you face the problem either?

Next »  Last »  (1/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register