Mobileread
Older Kindles losing store access in August
#71  JSWolf 07-29-2022, 03:02 PM
I find nothing wring with the Amazon app for iOS.

#72  Barbara1955 07-30-2022, 02:53 PM
Quote Deskisamess
Use a browser, not the Amazon app. I had to remove the Amazon shopping app from my phone, because it always defaulted to it.

I use the Safari browser on all of my iDevices, phone included, and have no trouble shopping on Amazon.

Editing to add...the Amazon shopping app can't be used for buying Kindle books. You must use a browser. It may work fine for tangible items, but I removed it from my iPhone because of the Kindle book limitation.
I do use a browser MSN ... Edge same as on my PC But on the phone ordering Does not work.

#73  Barbara1955 07-30-2022, 02:56 PM
Quote DNSB
Sorry but https://amazon.ca/ebooks works on both my iPhone and Android tablet using Safari, Firefox or Edge. Chrome has been iffy on and off but that is hardly news and I don't bother testing with it anymore. The amazon.com version also connects but I can't do with ebooks since Amazon will only show me items that can ship to Canada.

iPhone is on 15.6 while the Android tablet is on Android 10.
I use Edge ...No apps except Kindle & I can't order ebooks thru it either.

#74  haertig 07-30-2022, 03:04 PM
Quote Barbara1955
I do use a browser MSN ... Edge same as on my PC But on the phone ordering Does not work.
Do you get some kind of error message? Is the "Buy Now" or "Order Now" or whatever that button is labeled (I forget) not show up? Can you be more specific on what "Does not work" means? The last thing any retailer wants to do is make it more difficult, or impossible, for a customer to place an order. They want the exact opposite. Your issue may just be some setting that you accidentally got messed up (like adding a "script blocker" extension to your browser, or something like that).

#75  Barbara1955 07-31-2022, 03:39 AM
There is No Error message. When I click Buy Now ... It pops up can't buy thru the kindle app or Amazon thru the Edge app. Says I have to go to my PC to complete this order! Doesn't matter what I trying to order!

#76  Quoth 07-31-2022, 06:56 AM
Why would you use MS clone of Chrome (Edge) on a phone? Or are you one of the few running Windows Phone?

#77  Barbara1955 08-01-2022, 08:37 AM
When the internet app built in crashed, I just put the app that the same as on my PC.
The built in the phone app updated so I since deleted the Edge app this was a few months ago. I still can't order anything on amazon on my phone.

#78  Quoth 08-01-2022, 11:39 AM
Try installing Firefox, Brave, Chrome (in that order). Not Opera or Opera mini, they are now appalling. Or for iOS use Safari.

Personally I'd NEVER order anything from anywhere on a phone or tablet. A phone is too easily lost or stolen and security is terrible.

I've two phones now:
1) For the Library only. It gets SMS messages to authorise some payments on desktop. It's PAYG, so all SMS authtication would be doomed if the phone was lost or stolen. If it dies I have a backup older phone that works with same SIM. Never had a SIM die in nearly 30 years.

2) One to take outside. The Google Account (with no payment details) was deleted after the desired basic free apps that don't need internet loaded (music, ebook, barcode scanner that just shows the text, notebook etc). It has no payment details, the SIM is anonymous (as is library mobile phone), no stored website passwords. All anyone gets if they steal it is less than €8 credit typically and the common phone numbers (with no addresses or landlines). Totally replaceable. Admittedly it has a 32 Gbyte SIM with some music and ebooks (copies). Any criminal can easily pirate alll that.

#79  Badcatalex 08-14-2022, 11:07 PM
Imagine if they release a new Kindle this year and it comes with a new store UI.

#80  Badcatalex 08-16-2022, 05:14 PM
Tomorrow is the EOL of Kindle Store access on these older models.

Gonna see if I can keep my K4B connected to it and browse until support ends.

Edit: I got some screenshots of the currently visible store support ending screen BTW.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (8/12)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register