Mobileread
Smashwords sitewide promotion!
#1  Oliver Frances 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM
SUMMER LOVE

Kenny is a young man who meets Pat, a woman in her early thirties, on a summer day. The young makes the woman spring a world of emotions inside. And, through all the affair and some events of his life, Kenny turns into a grown man reasoning all the simple things which are usually overlooked. But, it is Pat who really learns about the essentiality of life.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11424
Use the code SWS50 at checkout
for 50% off during our
site-wide promotion!
(Offer good thru Jul. 31, 2010)

#2  HarryT 07-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Please do not post commercial offers to the "News" forum. They will be considered as "spam" and you risk be banned from the board if it happens again.

Thank you.

[Moderator]

#3  neilmarr 07-04-2010, 03:25 AM
And work on how to blurb a novel, Oliver. The note above suggests a book with all the originality, style and appeal of a new line in surgical stockings. Neil

#4  Dr. Drib 07-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote neilmarr
And work on how to blurb a novel, Oliver. The note above suggests a book with all the originality, style and appeal of a new line in surgical stockings. Neil

Don

#5  Kevin2960 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote neilmarr
I've just fineshed reading my first eSurgical-Stockings rather tight storyline I thought, and funny enough the eBook is NOT working on my DVT,

#6  Oliver Frances 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote neilmarr
So let me know how you could do it... And, I'll do it, however you should read the book first to talk openly about it...

Thanks for your comment

#7  Oliver Frances 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote Kevin2960
I've just fineshed reading my first eSurgical-Stockings rather tight storyline I thought, and funny enough the eBook is NOT working on my DVT,
Sorry to hear about that my ebook is not working on your DVT, however you can find my ebook on Barnes&Nobles site, Amazon.com, Sony, Apple ...

Thanks

#8  Oliver Frances 07-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Quote HarryT
Please do not post commercial offers to the "News" forum. They will be considered as "spam" and you risk be banned from the board if it happens again.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
where I should post any promotion then?
Thanks

#9  Marcy 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote Oliver Frances
So let me know how you could do it... And, I'll do it, however you should read the book first to talk openly about it...

Thanks for your comment
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

#10  Oliver Frances 07-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote Marcy
Oliver, he was only trying to be helpful. What he was saying is that the blurb you posted is poorly written, which it is. I would never buy a book with such a blurb because my thought would be that an author who can't even produce a well-written blurb, arguably the single most important part of the book, clearly won't have a well-written book.

Neil is right. That blurb is atrocious.

More suggestions -- your book is way overpriced at $3.99. It's only about 12,000 words according to Smashwords, more of a long "short story" and translates to less than a hour of reading time for the typical reader.

-Marcy

Addendum: I suspect based on your Smashwords profile that perhaps English isn't your first language. It would explain the blurb, but it still isn't acceptable. I couldn't write anything at all in a language other than my native one, so I realize how hard this must be. However, if you are going to publish a book/story for an English audience it has to be in proper English. You might need to get someone more fluent than you to help with the translation.

Before any judgement about my work, I should tell that the content of the book (the whole story) was revised by english professor, as well as I suggest that you read my another work at Smashwords -which is free on the promotion, and it is The Most Beautiful Woman...

And, I will check out the blurb again
Anyway, thanks

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register