Mobileread
Forma Reading tech ebooks, Forma or Libra?
#1  rockisdead 02-17-2020, 08:32 AM
I had Clara,it is too small to read tech ebook, was trying to get Libra but found Forma for $80 cad more, so debating now.

Please advise, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2  petercreasey 02-17-2020, 09:48 AM
The Forma is superb, especially if the larger screen is of interest to you.

#3  PeterT 02-17-2020, 10:23 AM
If these are pdf format many people feel that the best option is an iPad

#4  rockisdead 02-17-2020, 01:06 PM
Thanks all.
I just picked up the Forma and glad of my decision, after comparison, I thought Libra is still kind of small for what I need. The Dropbox sync feature is awesome for managing ebooks. Those are just initial opinion, need to spend more time with it to dig out all features.

#5  Quoth 02-17-2020, 03:25 PM
Quote PeterT
If these are pdf format many people feel that the best option is an iPad
Or a decent 10" Android tablet at 1/2 to 1/4 the price of a walled garden apple.

If the original text books are much over A5 size then you'll struggle with small print on a Forma. Textbooks tend to be fixed layout even if not actually PDF.

I got a decent discounted Lenovo 10" Android tablet for only slightly more than the price difference of Libra and Forma here. You can buy a Libra and a decent 10" Android tablet and still have spent about 1/2 the price of a decent iPad.
I got a good brand 256 G Byte microSD card for £28 inc shipping & tax and it's in the tablet. It's faster than my friend's iPad and I'm using PocketBook as a free PDF reader on it, tap, swipe or volume keys to change page.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register