Mobileread
#kindle-dev THE IRC channel for Kindle development. JOIN US. (IRC ≈ CHAT CLIENT)
#41  Cinisajoy 05-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Our AT&T tech had to laugh when he saw the phone line connected to the modem. The line had been run from the phone box, up to the small hole by the air conditioner across the ceiling through a doorway, then to a jack and down to the modem.
Needless to say since I had qualified for them to run new phone line free, the tech had although he didn't say them outloud, some choice words for his colleague. I got a new phone line.
Though the guy did draw the line at connecting my devices to my wifi. He said I could do it myself.
Gee , just because you have a couple of laptops and ereaders, they think you are smart.

Oh and I found the chat room.

#42  Glorfindel 05-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Quote NiLuJe
Good point, I should put my bnc back in there...
I was wondering where you'd gone.

#43  baalajimaestro 06-28-2017, 03:44 AM
Are people still chatting over IRC? I see nobody over there
This thread can be removed from its Sticky Status if really it is inactive

#44  Glorfindel 07-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Last I checked in there were people who'd join, ask a question, and leave within a minute... And the regulars who are idling most of the time, but obviously they already know of its existence, so...

#45  encol 07-04-2017, 01:10 PM
time to have some others moderators?

#46  knc1 07-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Quote encol
time to have some others moderators?
I think there is a 5 year mourning period required before an absent moderator can be replaced.

#47  jajce3 07-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Hi folks. Is IRC dead? I'm getting 502 Bad Gateway error on irc.mr.gd..
I was looking for help with jailbreaking my PW3, so if anyone has time for that, please hit me on PM

#48  knc1 07-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Quote jajce3
Hi folks. Is IRC dead? I'm getting 502 Bad Gateway error on irc.mr.gd..
I was looking for help with jailbreaking my PW3, so if anyone has time for that, please hit me on PM
We only help solve problems in public.
Where the working of the problem and finding the solution can help our readership.

Unless of course, you are hiring contract maintenance.

And if your subject is jail breaking a device, please keep the discussion in the jail break thread where readers can find it.

#49  jajce3 07-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Ok, I understand and will do so.

I was looking for chat from other reasons too..
Is it down or am only I having issues with it?

#50  j.p.s 01-27-2019, 12:28 PM
Quote knc1
We only help solve problems in public.
Where the working of the problem and finding the solution can help our readership.

Unless of course, you are hiring contract maintenance.

And if your subject is jail breaking a device, please keep the discussion in the jail break thread where readers can find it.
So maybe it should be considered to unsticky this thread (and consider making the "Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks" thread sticky). https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (5/6)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register