Mobileread
New Leaf Voting for October • The Times They Are a'Changin': Revolution
#1  CRussel 09-07-2020, 01:17 PM
image »

It's time to select the book that the New Leaf Book Club will read and discuss in October, 2020. The theme is The Times They Are a'Changin': Revolution

We love new participants. We're happy for you to vote, but in the interest of a vibrant conversation, we'd like to request that you please not vote unless you plan to join the discussion whatever the selection. So if you haven't posted in a book club thread yet, do please say a quick hello here or in the Welcome thread.

This is a image » poll. Vote for as many books as you'd like. Questions? FAQs | Guidelines Or just ask!

Choices:

#2  CRussel 09-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Choices, choices...

I've voted for 1/2, my default, but I've also put holds on an additional two others at the library because I'd like to read them.

I must say, we've been having a really good run of nominations of late. Y'all should be commended.

#3  JSWolf 09-08-2020, 05:09 PM
My votes are cast.

#4  JSWolf 09-09-2020, 07:33 PM
In case there are still voters...

Quote Catlady
I don't know anything about that, but both the Brooklyn Library and NYPL show Parable of the Sower as "always available."

ETA: "Always available" through Overdrive.
Quote JSWolf
Parable of the Sower is available at Hoopla as an eBook and available at Freading.

ALways available at Hoopla. Not sure of Freading. Hoopla can be read online (web browser) or with the Hoopla app. Freading is ePub like Overdrive.
Quote issybird
Freading is similar to Hoopla, in that books are always available on demand, with the added benefit that the books can be downloaded through ADE. Nice find.
So get out there and vote.

#5  CRussel 09-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Call. Polls will close in about 2 hours!

#6  CRussel 09-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Oh, my. A four-way runoff. Poll coming up shortly

#7  drofgnal 09-11-2020, 06:06 AM
Darn, missed the vote! I would have voted for10 days That Shook the World. That would have pushed it to the runoff. Rats!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register