Mobileread
Firmware updates, dictionaries, fonts and third-party software for M92
#11  Kal9871 01-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Then there's probably something about the dictionary itself that makes your M92 unable to recognize it. Try one of the dictionaries here: http://cvsup6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles/stardict/
They work for me.

#12  johnnyb 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Also try extracting the .dict.dz file into a .dict file (The Unarchiver on Mac does it for example)...

#13  Schmitti 01-06-2012, 11:38 PM
.dict.dz > .dict also works with StuffIt Expander.

#14  Backi 01-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote serge_mm
I followed your instructions (which coincide with those of the user manual). I have a M92 (firmware 1.6); inside in my SD card I have a folder named dicts (tried also with Dicts, it's the same); inside a folder named dictionaryenglish containing three files:
dictionaryenglish.dict.dz
dictionaryenglish.idx
dictionaryenglish.ifo

However as I try to get a list of the dictionaries I only get the english/chinese that was already installed (and that I cannot find as a file).
TY, carlo
You could have a similar problem I had: M92 takes the value of the entry "bookname" (or something similar) inside the .ifo file as the shown name of a dictionary.
I had there some signs (รถ, ...), which were obviously not supported by M92 as valid name characters. So I edited that entry inside the problematic .ifo file and then it worked.

#15  serge_mm 01-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I followed all of your instructions, no way. Now the bookname instruction in the ifo file is
bookname=English explanatory dictionary (main)
however nothing happens. It seems the reader does not see the Dicts folder; the original chinese english dictionary is still there, alone.

#16  Booxtor 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote serge_mm
I followed all of your instructions, no way. Now the bookname instruction in the ifo file is
bookname=English explanatory dictionary (main)
however nothing happens. It seems the reader does not see the Dicts folder; the original chinese english dictionary is still there, alone.
don't panic
I am sure your problem could be easelly solved. Can you contact our shop on Monday? I will try to help you step-by-step..

#17  Booxtor 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Reading here some posts and thoughts I have made some suggestions for new functionality in M92 on Onyx engineers and got some answers(in blue):

1. Multitasking - means opening more than one
ebook/application/browser and quick switching between them --- We plan to do it, but need some time.

2. Chronology for each book – means saving and showing of last (let
say 10 or another configurable value) opened pages in a book. So a
reader can easily go for example to a register/addendum and back to
the last read page (show taskbar let say by long holding the OK
button) --- It can be made soon.

3. Browser does not support https. It is a problem that should be
solved very soon. Very important by buying ebooks from internet. --- It can be made soon.

4. Export of notes from a book in a txt file. --- It can be made soon.

5. Showing short information about taken notes in the table of
contents of a book --- It can be made soon.

6. Hand controlled touch screens and colour E-Ink screens in 9”? --- We going to launch 9.7" E-ink infared touch, which the cost will be more competitive than color E-ink.

So now it is public and I hope that some of asked functionality will be available in the next firmware versions very soon

Do you, guys, have some additional suggestions?

#18  Beryll Snyder 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote Booxtor
Do you guys have some additonal suggestions?
I can't help but being a little provocative here: when do they change their OS?
What OS will the Color-Reader come with?

When will the truth finally trickle through that all these incremental improvements will never even come close to what is needed, and that Android has already available?

#19  psv 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote Booxtor
Do you guys have some additonal suggestions?
Calibration of the pen input. This setting doesn't works (neither in 1.6 nor 1.7 firmware) and for me the pen is about 3mm off at some parts of the screen.

Perhaps one more thing, but it might be difficult, and nobody else complained about it so far: compared to other readers (sony prs350 and kindle4) the characters on the screen are somewhat blurred (even if I use the same ttf font). So, if possible, improve (ttf?) font rendering.

#20  peterx 01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote psv
Calibration of the pen input. This setting doesn't works (neither in 1.6 nor 1.7 firmware) and for me the pen is about 3mm off at some parts of the screen.
That is also very important for me, you cannot use the scribble application without proper calibration. On my reader, the center is properly set, but the virtual pen is 4-5 pixels outwards at the edges. Perhaps this is also a simple problem in the scribble application having to do with borders.

Thanks for staying in contact with onyx, Booxtor!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/173)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register