Mobileread
Where can I get a new stylus?
#1  ac4lt 04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I was out running errands at lunch time and took the boox with me to read when I stopped to eat. Alas, when I returned I discovered the stylus was missing from its nest.

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement stylus?

#2  ngrant 04-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Ever thought of one of these (or similar)?
http://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Stylus-Combination-PAP69076-Category/dp/B00006IE59/ref=pd_sim_op_1
I used to carry one with me at all times in my Palm PDA days, and I like the feel of it in my hand rather than the narrow styli that come with devices.

#3  ac4lt 04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Looks interesting. I may pick one up to see. It would be nice to have one that fit in the stylus holder, but this looks like it would be suited for longer term use.

#4  slm 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote ac4lt
Looks interesting. I may pick one up to see. It would be nice to have one that fit in the stylus holder, but this looks like it would be suited for longer term use.
You can't just use a pointer--you need a Wacom stylus--the tablet works by inducing a current in the stylus and detecting the bounceback.
You can buy a Wacom replacement stylus on Amazon.
You can probably also buy an exact replacement from one of Onyx Suppliers.

#5  HarryT 04-08-2010, 04:06 AM
I would imagine that both Onyx and BeBook would be able to supply a replacement. As mentioned. If you want something fancier, iRex (whose devices also use Wacom screens) do a very nice "professional" stylus, which is like a pen, and much easier to use than the think stylus that comes with the Boox. I use my iRex pro stylus with my Neo.

#6  mgmueller 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote ac4lt
I was out running errands at lunch time and took the boox with me to read when I stopped to eat. Alas, when I returned I discovered the stylus was missing from its nest.

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement stylus?
The stylus of iRex iLiad (I've tried, trust me) fits perfectly. Not only does the job, it fits exactly into the housing. Different colors, but exactly same measurements.
For example from here: http://www.justread.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p6_iLiad-Stylus.html

#7  Dulin's Books 04-08-2010, 09:45 PM
i will have some in stock soon. My fault - i meant to order some over a week ago and it completely slipped my mind.

#8  R. Bosch 05-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Sorry wrong ereader

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register