Mobileread
Onyx Boox i62HD. Software updates.
#11  FrankSmith 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote Booxtor
Thank you very much for emphasizing of this issues!
Could you please provide me the dictionaries and epubs with problems (if they are not under copy rights). We have to test them to figure either the problem is in the software or in the files and try to avoid crashes in the future.
We will also shorten and optimize the icon labels if you can tell me localisation and menu points.
Thanks for your feedback.
I tried the dictionaries from the M92 thread:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/
especially from this page:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/freedict.de/
I downloaded the German-English and English-German
After that I unzipped the packed .dict-files, too, like it is described in the M92 thread.

The epubs are DRM-protected, so I can not send them to you, I am sorry about that. But they are about 1.5 to 3 MB in size with some pictures in it, which is larger than most other eBooks I already tried. Hope that helps.

The long item labels are visible in the german localization. It happen in the popup dialog boxes, e.g. open a .doc-file -> Notizen -> Notizen zusammenführen.
I forgot to mention that I have set the default font in the general settings to Myriad Pro which is nicely readable in the GUI. With this font it also happens in some of the popup entries that are some weird word wrapping occurs.

Many thanks for taking care.

@rfog:
On my Mac with Lion the i62HD behaves like any other USB flash drive. Absolutely no different when connecting or disconnecting. What you can try is to wait a little longer pulling out the UBS cable after disconnecting. Maybe there is Spotlight still writing some indexing stuff on the "drive". Also, make shure that the i62HD is disabled in the Spotlight privacy under the system settings on you Mac. Hopefully that helps.

Frank

#12  FrankSmith 07-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Another little typo which I mentioned today: The german translation of "encoding" is shown as "Verschlüsselung". This is wrong. "Verschlüsselung" is similar to encryption.
The correct translation of "encoding" in this usage should be "Kodierung".

Cheers,
Frank

#13  Inemi 07-08-2012, 09:04 AM
hi, i have just update my boox, but now every time i swich on the reader, it spend 5 minutes loading. can i restore the previous version?

#14  owly 07-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Which file should I copy? There are a couple of different ones in the working link.

Quote Booxtor
Link corrected.. sorry
Updating is similar like M92:

Firmware Updating:

- Copy the file to a sd card and put it into your device
- Just for case if your battery is not charged properly connect the reader to the wall charger (or USB Port of your PC)
- switch off the reader
- hold the HOME button pressed and switch on the device.
Wait approx. 10 minutes till the device restarts

The release notes will be published later

#15  owly 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Figured it out.

#16  j66st 07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi. I ordered a Boox i62HD and received it today. Now I am wondering if this is really the HD model. Nowhere on the device or on the box "HD" is mentioned.
The EAN barcode on the box is 6949710300175.
The serial number label says Model: Boox i62.
On the back of the device is printed: "Model: i62"

The About box on the device just says "Onyx eReader 799 MHz". The firmware version is 1.7 20120524.

So can someone please tell me how to identify the HD model?

#17  owly 07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I just sent support the the same question and according to them it is.

#18  Booxtor 07-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote Inemi
hi, i have just update my boox, but now every time i swich on the reader, it spend 5 minutes loading. can i restore the previous version?
Hi
I suggest you to reinstall the same update. 5 minutes loading is not normal. I have just tested boot time on my device - 12 sec.

To all testers of the new update - in the preferred applications you can test the new PDF reader that contains some new features like Comic Reading Mode and Paper Reading Mode (which is actually so long expected Two Column Reading Mode)

#19  owly 07-11-2012, 12:27 PM
When I try to copy the unziped files to my sd card I get that some of the files are password protected. No one mentioned this before so am I doing something wrong?

#20  Booxtor 07-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote j66st
Hi. I ordered a Boox i62HD and received it today. Now I am wondering if this is really the HD model. Nowhere on the device or on the box "HD" is mentioned.
The EAN barcode on the box is 6949710300175.
The serial number label says Model: Boox i62.
On the back of the device is printed: "Model: i62"

The About box on the device just says "Onyx eReader 799 MHz". The firmware version is 1.7 20120524.

So can someone please tell me how to identify the HD model?
Please don't be confused by the box labeling.
We don't offer other models - the box from Onyx is just universal for all models of i62 they produce..

You can test the resolution easily:

download this picture (it is in HD 1024 x 768):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Test%20Pictures/test%201024x768.bmp

open it and zoom to 100% - it should fit complete display.

You can also compare it to resolution of regular i62 (800 х 600):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Test%20Pictures/test%20800x600.bmp

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/41)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register