Mobileread
Boox Note 2 - missing element from the UI
#1  Feneko 01-13-2020, 05:09 PM
I kinda crushed my tablet after enabling `amber light` in android options to see what's going to happen since on e-ink it has no way of working (it crushes the tablet, now I know, lol) and had to factory reset the device through the recovery menu.

After resetting I was surprised by lack of configuration screen that greeted me on the first start, it just started with everything being in Chinese, so after a while of searching I've found the English language and also updated to the newest version of the software. I'm still missing one thing tho;

Before factory reset I used to have this circle at all times in the front that I could always click and it would give me some handy tools; I don't have it anymore. Any idea what it was and how to get it back?

Btw, this menu used to have some really useful contrast options that I cannot find anywhere else, I could e.g. make my icons visible instead of just being black; I can only see one simple slider in the screen mode menu and that's all, it's definitely not as helpful. Any idea where can I find some more options for contrast? :<

Thanks!

#2  triumph627 01-14-2020, 11:27 AM
You have to enable it, it’s an App called Navigation Ball. If you don’t have the app then you’re out of luck, but it should be there and you’ll just have to enable it. In the app you can also customize what those shortcut buttons do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register