Mobileread
KOReader on BQ Cervantes 4
#1  dim1 05-17-2020, 08:29 AM
Anyone using KOReader on BQ Cervantes 4? Is it stable enough to use it as a daily driver?

#2  pazos 05-17-2020, 06:48 PM
Quote dim1
Anyone using KOReader on BQ Cervantes 4? Is it stable enough to use it as a daily driver?
Stable as hell. It does work as good as in Kobos (I would say even better but that's fanboyism).

The only nitpicks I find are:

- KOReader data isn't exported over USBMS, so you should move things manually to /mnt/public or /mnt/sd to be able to retrieve them from your computer (ie: clippings)

- The other way around. There no simple way to add style tweaks, ocr trained data or modify configs without a telnet/ssh session.

- BQ software sucks heavily, so there's no reason to go back to stock.

As you can see nitpicks are related to advanced things that most people don't really need.

For both fonts and dictionaries there are fallbacks in place which allow to use/import them from the exported partition over USBMS.

#3  dim1 05-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Quote pazos
Stable as hell. It does work as good as in Kobos (I would say even better but that's fanboyism).

The only nitpicks I find are:

- KOReader data isn't exported over USBMS, so you should move things manually to /mnt/public or /mnt/sd to be able to retrieve them from your computer (ie: clippings)

- The other way around. There no simple way to add style tweaks, ocr trained data or modify configs without a telnet/ssh session.

- BQ software sucks heavily, so there's no reason to go back to stock.

As you can see nitpicks are related to advanced things that most people don't really need.

For both fonts and dictionaries there are fallbacks in place which allow to use/import them from the exported partition over USBMS.
Many thanks!

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register