Mobileread
Apple Event October 18, 2021
#1  John F 10-13-2021, 09:34 AM
So what will they be announcing? Maybe an ereader to compete with the new Kindles and Kobos.

#2  downeaster59 10-13-2021, 03:07 PM
If you asked people at Apple about an ereader, they'd steer you to an iPad mini or an iPhone 13 Pro Max. However, if Apple ever decided to offer an E-Ink reader that was similar to the Android E-Ink devices that Onyx or Boyue offer, I'd get one as soon as I could!

I'd bet that one announcement will be the official launch date of macOS Monterey. They could have some Macs with upgraded M1 chips ready to go. Perhaps a new iPad Pro? We shall see!

#3  tomsem 10-13-2021, 03:10 PM
Quote John F
So what will they be announcing? Maybe an ereader to compete with the new Kindles and Kobos.
Yes, highly likely.

Supposed to be new MacBooks (M1X chip) and maybe some other things (new AirPods?)

#4  meeera 10-13-2021, 10:47 PM
New MacBook Pros I'm guessing

#5  tomsem 10-14-2021, 09:48 PM
My perennial wish: AppleTV soundbar (with the whole HomePod adjust to the room experience)

#6  drofgnal 10-15-2021, 07:00 AM
Quote tomsem
My perennial wish: AppleTV soundbar (with the whole HomePod adjust to the room experience)
There are soundbars out there that correct for the room now. No need to wait. See rtings.com:

https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/tests/sound-quality/sound-enhancement-features

#7  tomsem 10-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Quote drofgnal
There are soundbars out there that correct for the room now. No need to wait. See rtings.com:

https://www.rtings.com/soundbar/tests/sound-quality/sound-enhancement-features
Good to know, I’m not really shopping for one right now.

#8  OtinG 10-18-2021, 02:12 PM
[SARCASM] Woohoo, a couple new colors for the HomePod mini! That will really improve them! [/SARCASM]

Not even what I would call an incremental update…

#9  pwalker8 10-18-2021, 03:22 PM
Quote OtinG
[SARCASM] Woohoo, a couple new colors for the HomePod mini! That will really improve them! [/SARCASM]

Not even what I would call an incremental update…
Rather disappointing. The two new Macbook Pros are nice, but I was hoping for a new desktop.

#10  OtinG 10-18-2021, 03:37 PM
Quote pwalker8
Rather disappointing. The two new Macbook Pros are nice, but I was hoping for a new desktop.
I agree, the two new MacBook Pros look really good, but we will need to wait for “real world testing” to know for sure. I was hoping for an M2 Mac mini, or at least an incrementally updated M1 model. The MacBook Pros are way out of my price range now that I’m retired, as are the iMacs.

Other than the new MacBook Pros, it looks like only a new and perhaps decent priced Apple Music Voice subscription, AirPods 3, 2 or 3 new colors for the HomePod mini, and that was it. So business as usual at Apple…

I guess I’ll wait until after the new year to see how the current crop of M1 Mac minis do with the newest macOS and decide whether to get one of those, or perhaps go with a Windows PC if I have to. My 2012 Mac mini and 2014 MacBook Pro are just too old to keep up with modern photo and video profession style editing apps. I really prefer to stick with a Mac though.

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register