Mobileread
Kobo Sage and Libra 2 released (pre-order)
#251  ladybugh 10-22-2021, 11:30 PM
Got my Sage and have to say I really like the size (I also have the Auro HD and the Elipsa). I haven't received my green sage sleep case though - seems like those are delayed.

#252  salamanderjuice 10-23-2021, 09:06 AM
Quote Lynx-lynx
Is Delaware still tax free? I think it was Delaware

Edit
and iirc I don't pay local taxes when I purchase for export eg UK and i think Canada
What's local taxes? Local to you or local to the product you're buying? Typically on export you don't pay the taxes for the country of where you are buying but if it's valuable and if it's shipped by not the postal service you're going to pay import duty on it. If you're using a proxy service to ship to you something that otherwise would not be able to be shipped to you, you will end up paying that countries sales tax too. At least that's been my experience in Canada.

I think any "savings" you have buying a Sage elsewhere and having it shipped to you will easily be eroded by the shipping cost and the import duty you will end up paying.

#253  FireFrog 10-23-2021, 09:51 AM
Quote salamanderjuice
What's local taxes? Local to you or local to the product you're buying? Typically on export you don't pay the taxes for the country of where you are buying but if it's valuable and if it's shipped by not the postal service you're going to pay import duty on it. If you're using a proxy service to ship to you something that otherwise would not be able to be shipped to you, you will end up paying that countries sales tax too. At least that's been my experience in Canada.
The US has State Sales tax. Certain states impose taxes when you order online within the US. For example buying Kobo Libra 2 on Rakuten US shipping to California, I would pay an additional fee of $19.35 for taxes. But I will only pay the MSRP of $179.99 if I were to ship to Oregon as Oregon does not have State Sales taxes.

#254  Lynx-lynx 10-23-2021, 05:43 PM
Just bought the Sage from Indigo Canada, and my visa account shows total fees as $387.12 aud. (Australian price for Kobo: $439.95 + $10 ish postage)

Breakdown is: CAD299.99 for device, $46.41 shipping, no taxes.

Will be sent to my PO box here in Sydney, my preferred method of receipt. Due date probably November.

As a by the way, I recently had an item shipped from Sweden to my PO Box, and I thought that would take till December as well. Lo and behold I got the item 8 working days later, which is way faster than some courier items are arriving in Sydney from another address in Sydney, because of the huge backlog. Truly I couldn't believe it when I saw this item postmarked from Sweden, because we have a closed border in aus, and receiving flights in a seriously reduced format.

@Sirtel and @HknGrss unfortunately Indigo Canada don't ship to either Estonia or Turkey, I checked for you both hoping they would.

#255  Sirtel 10-23-2021, 05:50 PM
Quote Lynx-lynx

Sirtel and HknGrss unfortunately Indigo Canada don't ship to either Estonia or Turkey, I checked for you both hoping they would.
Thanks for checking.

Seems that Amazon.fr will ship to Estonia, so I'm going to order from them. Or use a mail forwarder and order from Coolblue.de, for example.

Neither of them have the Sage in stock just now, but I'm in no hurry. It's not as if I have nothing else to read on.

#256  JSWolf 10-23-2021, 06:02 PM
Quote Uncle Robin
KOReader does this easily, and is simple to install on a Kobo
But does KOReader currently work on a Libra 2 and Sage?

#257  Sirtel 10-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Quote JSWolf
But does KOReader currently work on a Libra 2 and Sage?
There was a poster here who reviewed their Sage and used KOReader on it.

#258  Lynx-lynx 10-25-2021, 01:09 AM
Just checked out the sage on the UK kobo site, and it says "sold out ", the libra 2 still says "buy now"

#259  Josieb1 10-25-2021, 02:13 AM
The Sage, both SleepCovers and the Power cover are all listed on Amazon UK now, with Amazon as the seller, but all out of stock. The sage is dearer than Kobo but the covers are much cheaper.

#260  JSWolf 10-25-2021, 10:43 AM
Quote Josieb1
The Sage, both SleepCovers and the Power cover are all listed on Amazon UK now, with Amazon as the seller, but all out of stock. The safe is dearer than Kobo but the covers are much cheaper.
The covers are also listed as out of stock.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (26/28)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register