Mobileread
Progress sync between koreader and ios
#1  Joretapo 10-26-2020, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone,
I have been browsing the board and using the information to install koreader on my clara hd. I also installed calibre on my computer. It is a nice setup but i d like to be able to continue reading on my iphone.

Here is my question :
Can someone recommend an app for ios that can sync book progress with koreader on clara hd?

Thanks in advance

#2  NiLuJe 10-26-2020, 02:00 PM
(This also probably ought to be moved to the KOReader forum ^^).

While the answer's probably going to be no, you'll have to detail which app you're reading with on iOS for a definitive answer (which is going to be no ^^).

As there's no standard for this (anywhere), the usual approach for multi-platform reading is to rely on the native KOReader <-> KOReader sync feature.
Except KOReader doesn't run on iOS, because Apple.

#3  Joretapo 10-26-2020, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your answer, sorry for posting here, if a moderator can move the post to the koreader forum.
Right now i use ibooks bit it obviously won t work so i m willing to use whatever app can sync with koreader.

#4  NiLuJe 10-26-2020, 06:45 PM
Then, yeah, the answer is no, because Apple x2 ^^.

#5  geek1011 10-26-2020, 07:55 PM
Quote NiLuJe
Except KOReader doesn't run on iOS, because Apple.
I wonder if it would run in iSH + VNC.

#6  NiLuJe 10-26-2020, 08:21 PM
Quote geek1011
I wonder if it would run in iSH + VNC.
The actual UI relies on SDL2 on standard Linux, so, assuming that runs, why not (it does apparently work in WSL, for example).

Otherwise, a CLI-only workflow just to pull data out of it would require "some" Lua scripting. And would only cover half of the equation, since if you're not actually *reading* with KOReader, you may have your data, but it's data that nothing else will know what to do with ^^.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register