Mobileread
Aura Keep "invert screen" after power off
#1  gonzule 10-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Hi, I mostly read at night, so i have been using the inverted screen option for a while and it is great.

I was wondering if there is a way to keep it turned on even after the reader has powered off and back on.

I am using kobopatch to replace the adobe page numbers with it, but it doesn´t say anything about making it persistent after rebooting my reader.

Is this even possible?

Thanks!

#2  JSWolf 10-31-2020, 08:21 PM
Why is it you power off? If you do read enough, then powering off is going to take more battery then just using sleep mode.

#3  RobertJSawyer 11-01-2020, 02:42 AM
As @JSWolf says, just let the unit power off (by closing a sleep cover or timing out) and the state will be preserved.

Meanwhile, I suggest you switch to Nickel Menu for easily toggling of night mode; I've tried every method and it's the easiest one to use. See the #1 post in the thread linked below, plus my specific post in that thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...rt#post4030876

#4  NiLuJe 11-01-2020, 12:02 PM
(There are a few Mk.5 devices/kernels, and the Aura might be one of 'em, where nightmode goes kaput after a suspend/resume cycle (until you toggle it back off/on again, with a refresh in between), so, it may not actually help).

#5  JSWolf 11-01-2020, 12:28 PM
My H2O is a mark 5 device and with invert screen on with NickelMenu, I can put it to sleep and when I wake it, it's still inverted. So don't turn off your Aura. Just let it sleep.

#6  NiLuJe 11-01-2020, 07:33 PM
The H2O happens to behave (most of the time) on *up to date* FW versions. Hence "a few", not "all".

The Aura, on the other hand, is very much *NOT* like any other Mk. 5 devices.

#7  davidfor 11-02-2020, 02:12 AM
Quote NiLuJe
The Aura, on the other hand, is very much *NOT* like any other Mk. 5 devices.
As a rule, the "mark" is purely about how big the firmware update package is. When it hits about 100MB, Kobo starts the next mark. Any similarity in the actual hardware is almost a coincidence. The Mark 7 package is bigger than 100MB, but, the devices it goes to have at least 4GB of storage. And most have 8GB. Kobo may have decided they can relax this rule. But, if the next release is a Mark 8, I won't be surprised.

#8  NiLuJe 11-02-2020, 11:11 AM
@davidfor: I was going to say they also have been mostly accurate as far as each Mark running on the same SoC family, but that's no longer entirely true, as the Nia uses a slightly different SoC (i.MX 6ULL) than the other Mk. 7 (i.MX 6SLL) .

Which only further proves your point .

#9  gonzule 11-06-2020, 02:40 AM
Quote JSWolf
Why is it you power off? If you do read enough, then powering off is going to take more battery then just using sleep mode.
I read every 24 hours (every night) and my reader will turn off after just a couple of hours. I have tried using the extended power menu option to make it be 24 hours and 1 minute, but that mod doesnt behave properly when you use a smart cover, so as soon as i close the cover on my aura, it will randomly shut down after a couple of hours and i have to turn it on again the next night.

#10  Ripplinger 11-06-2020, 09:12 AM
Is there some reason you can't just set the power off option to never? That would solve your problem.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register