Mobileread
iOS and iPadOS 14.1 released
#1  OtinG 10-20-2020, 04:01 PM
iOS and iPadOS 14.1 released for real this time! I’m installing now.

#2  OtinG 10-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Just a few words about widgets...

If you update an app that is connected to a widget, be sure to open that app soon after updating it. Some widgets seem to lose their connectivity to that app after it is updated and until you open the app. I’ve seen this happen on a few occasions with WX widgets and the  Podcast widget. Once the app is opened, the widget starts to function again.

Some widgets definitely need connecting to the internet. So if the widget doesn't work or update, make sure you gave it the proper access rights.

#3  tomsem 11-06-2020, 06:11 PM
I’m getting used to the automatic pairing of headsets feature. It works pretty well most of the time. I have to manually switch to connect to MacBook but I assume it is because it is because the feature arrives in Big Sur.

#4  pwalker8 11-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Hum. I listen to audiobooks in the car using the books app on carplay. I just finished a 30 hour audiobook today. When I went to pull up the next book, I found that the categories had disappeared from carplay. It's still there in the app on the phone, but if there is a way to pull up the categories on the carplay screen, I haven't found it yet. If the categories really has disappeared from carplay, then that certainly takes away the reason for using books over audible. It makes no sense to me that they would drop the feature and I don't see any mention of it being dropped when I do a search. No idea what's going on. I need to experiment with it tomorrow when I have some time.

#5  pwalker8 11-15-2020, 09:55 AM
Quote pwalker8
Hum. I listen to audiobooks in the car using the books app on carplay. I just finished a 30 hour audiobook today. When I went to pull up the next book, I found that the categories had disappeared from carplay. It's still there in the app on the phone, but if there is a way to pull up the categories on the carplay screen, I haven't found it yet. If the categories really has disappeared from carplay, then that certainly takes away the reason for using books over audible. It makes no sense to me that they would drop the feature and I don't see any mention of it being dropped when I do a search. No idea what's going on. I need to experiment with it tomorrow when I have some time.
Good news, there apparently was a bug in 14.1 and they fixed the issue in 14.2, so after downloading and installing 14.2, I now have categories back in books using carplay. Even better, I tried the Audible app and Audible now supports categories in carplay. I'm not sure when they added the support, just that it wasn't there the last time I tried audible in carplay.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register