Mobileread
Help! Audible Download File Corrupted
#1  Stacy Countiss 10-10-2020, 10:28 PM
Hi people! I am here looking for help with Audible downloads. I have downloaded books to iTunes for transfer to iPod Classic or Shuffle for decades. Recently (2020) all I get is "file corrupted" error. Partial file is downloaded but not functional. I have reinstalled iTunes, Audible Download Manager to no avail. I am using W10. I have also tried the W10 Audible App and it also fails. Anyone have any suggestions?

#2  CRussel 10-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Disable any download managers (other than the Audible one, obviously), etc. If you're running a third-party anti-virus or anti-malware application, temporarily disable it.

#3  Stacy Countiss 10-13-2020, 02:14 PM
Hi and thank you for your replies. I was able to get resolution from the 2nd effort of Audible Chat. It turns out I was using an outdated Audible Download system. They recommend uninstalling Audible Download Manager, AudibleSync, and any other old Audible programs, and instead using the W10 Audible App (on Google Play, something like Audiobooks by Audible). I have been able to download all my books that I had struggled with before, and some new ones.

Now, how do I close this thread?

#4  issybird 10-14-2020, 09:08 AM
Quote Stacy Countiss
Now, how do I close this thread?
MR policy is not to close threads other than for guideline violations. Someone else might have a similar problem or just wish to comment.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register