Mobileread
Rooting the Likebook Mars (Detailed Guide)
#1  shitbrickman 10-07-2020, 07:23 PM
What follows is a reproducible routine to root Android 6 on the T80D in (hopefully) plain English. This procedure was tested on a generic x64 Windows 10 PC and assumes the reader possesses basic computing knowledge.

===
===
1. Environment Setup

a. Ensure important data is backed up from device (see BONUS 2). Disconnect device from computer and power off.

b. Download and install device drivers:
https://mega.nz/file/TFYUBQpZ#j562jVKd2w2a9ZXItVav0A7HrNRmWUVfg28zGkGgG Jk

c. Download tools package from here (rk android tool, rk dumper, adb/fastboot, config_16.cfg, supersu zips, twrp.img, stock boot.img):
https://files.catbox.moe/84xay8.zip

d. Extract files from the tools archive such that "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\AndroidTool.exe" runs.

e. Download Android system image from here, place "t80d-456.img" in "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\":
https://yadi.sk/d/53qTS_Oqefv_UQ

===
===
2. Flash Android Image

a. Run "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\AndroidTool.exe" as admin. The bottom of the window should say "no
devices found". Plug your device into the PC. Hold the power and reset buttons
down until the "no devices found" text changes to "found one loader device".

b. Select "upgrade firmware" tab, click "firmware" button, select "C:\2.3.0
ROOT\t80d-456.img" in the file browser. Hit the "upgrade" button next to the "firmware" button
after a brief wait. Wait some more.

c. Your device should reboot. It may be a few minutes before you see the
Android Setup screen. Complete setup as you normally would.

d. Navigate to Android settings, tap the build number until you enable
developer options. From developer options enable USB debugging, ensure your PC
is authorized. Power off the device.

===
===
3. Flash Supersu

a. Ensure AndroidTool.exe is running as admin and your device is connected to the PC. Hold the power and reset buttons down until you see "found one loader device" as before. Select the "download image" tab. Right click the main inner window, select "load config", select config_16.cfg. Uncheck all the boxes except the one labeled "boot". Replace the contents of the textbox next to "boot" with "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\TWRP.img". Hit "run". Mind the scrollbar - there are checkboxes you cannot see and you must physically click the scollbar in order to use it. Keep this window open.

b. The device should reboot to the "likebook starting up" screen and the backlight should enable itself. Open an admin command prompt and navigate to "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\bin". Run "adb devices". If you see you're device you're set to flash supersu.

c. Run "adb push 1supersu.zip /sdcard/", followed by "adb push 2supersu.zip /sdcard/".

d. Run "adb shell". Inside the shell run "twrp install /sdcard/1supersu.zip" followed by "twrp install /sdcard/2supersu.zip".

e. Hold the power and reset buttons down until you see "found one loader device" in AndroidTool.exe. Replace the contents of the textbox next to "boot" with "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\boot.img". Select "run".

f. With any luck your device will reboot and you'll be rooted.

===
===
BONUS 1.
You may want to backup your rooted image. Open an admin command prompt and navigate to "C:\2.3.0 ROOT\bin". Run "rkDumper.exe dump". The dumped images can be reflashed via AndroidTool.exe. System.img is where supersu lives in this case.

===
===
BONUS 2: If you can get to fastboot you can unlock the bootloader via the instructions below:
http://opensource.rock-chips.com/wiki_Fastboot
I've only been able to get a workable fastboot server from my device from the Android 8 recovery.img. YMMV.

#2  rgm 10-12-2020, 12:12 AM
Hi
Thank you for so detailed information.
I was eager wait successful root for Mars, and happy to see this.
Is this works for new Android 8.1 firm too? I planned to do upgrade soon.
Thanks

#3  shitbrickman 10-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Quote rgm
Hi
Thank you for so detailed information.
I was eager wait successful root for Mars, and happy to see this.
Is this works for new Android 8.1 firm too? I planned to do upgrade soon.
Thanks
Not a problem. TWRP does not start adb on Android 8.1. Supersu should work assuming you can get TWRP working, but I've yet to figure it out.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register