Mobileread
Fall audiobook clear-out!
#1  Catlady 09-25-2020, 06:38 PM
I've just been going through my "pile" of audiobooks and zapping dozens of them into the ether. I started with my SYNC books, eliminating more than half of them that I have absolutely no interest in ever reading (but they were FREE!). It was QUITE satisfying.

I still need to go through a lot of the freebies I indiscriminately acquired from Random House and Tantor when they were being generous. I'll probably weed out a lot of Audible books as well, though of course those deletions won't be permanent.

It's somewhat time-consuming, since I look up each title before disappearing it or saving it, but it will make it easier in the future to find which books I actually want to read.

#2  pwalker8 09-26-2020, 09:49 AM
That's why I use calibre for my audiobooks. I also use the book app with categories (Audible added categories a few months ago). I have one category called up_next that has 5 or 6 books that I know I want to listen to and another category called unread that I put all my books I haven't listened to yet.

I'm a lot more ruthless about discarding audiobooks (from the unread stack, I don't actually remove them from my computer) than I am with ebooks.

#3  Catlady 09-26-2020, 11:47 AM
Quote pwalker8
That's why I use calibre for my audiobooks. I also use the book app with categories (Audible added categories a few months ago). I have one category called up_next that has 5 or 6 books that I know I want to listen to and another category called unread that I put all my books I haven't listened to yet.

I'm a lot more ruthless about discarding audiobooks (from the unread stack, I don't actually remove them from my computer) than I am with ebooks.
It wasn't a question of organization; it was a question of clutter. I was never going to read some of the freebies; even a bunch of the ones I kept are iffy, but at least possible.

My audiobooks are fairly well organized without Calibre--I keep them all in the same folder with subfolders by author.

#4  tubemonkey 09-26-2020, 03:54 PM
Quote Catlady
My audiobooks are fairly well organized without Calibre--I keep them all in the same folder with subfolders by author.

#5  SeaBookGuy 09-26-2020, 06:01 PM
I've been keeping my audios in two folders, "probably" and "maybe" (more or less).

#6  pwalker8 09-28-2020, 09:39 AM
Quote Catlady
It wasn't a question of organization; it was a question of clutter. I was never going to read some of the freebies; even a bunch of the ones I kept are iffy, but at least possible.

Isn't organization how one handles clutter? I guess there are those self help books that say that you should throw out anything you haven't used in the last week, or some such thing, but I never bought into that philosophy. I'm by nature a packrat. I did throw out most of my VHS tapes a couple of years ago.

#7  Catlady 09-28-2020, 11:14 AM
Quote pwalker8
Isn't organization how one handles clutter? I guess there are those self help books that say that you should throw out anything you haven't used in the last week, or some such thing, but I never bought into that philosophy. I'm by nature a packrat. I did throw out most of my VHS tapes a couple of years ago.
Unless you start tossing stuff when you organize, you're just rearranging clutter. I'm also a pack rat by nature. I still keep way more stuff than most people would, but I've made myself let go of a lot.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register