Mobileread
Sideloaded ebook has my email as author
#1  Buhaj47 09-16-2020, 04:33 PM
I haven't uploaded ebooks to Kindle for quite some time, and now I've done one in Calibre via email. Noticed though that my email address is listed as author on Kindle Content webpage. Has Amazon changed something or is it Calibre settings?

#2  JSWolf 09-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Quote Buhaj47
I haven't uploaded ebooks to Kindle for quite some time, and now I've done one in Calibre via email. Noticed though that my email address is listed as author on Kindle Content webpage. Has Amazon changed something or is it Calibre settings?
Neither. Did you accidentally select the author field and type in your email address?

#3  Buhaj47 09-16-2020, 04:53 PM
Nope, metadata is the same as in other books, I sent this one in MOBI format too. I just noticed that on Kindle the author is there, but on Amazon Content webpage it's still my email address.

#4  riothamus 09-18-2020, 10:48 AM
This happened to me as well and continues to happen. It happened sometime on 9/15 because in the morning I sent some books and the authors are correct. Then in the afternoon I sent another one and it was my email. Now all others I've sent are the email unless I use the Send to Kindle for PC program which requires me to do one at a time and manually enter the author.

Also, while once downloaded, the metadata fixes the author on the kindle itself, while just in the cloud it defaults to the email like on the My Content page.

Super annoying since I get a lot of books from Humble Bundle or StoryBundle or even just places like bookfunnel.

#5  JSWolf 09-18-2020, 10:56 AM
Are you emailing these eBooks or are you side loading via Calibre?

#6  riothamus 09-18-2020, 11:02 AM
Using Calibre's "email to" feature for the most part to my Kindle Personal Docs email address. Also tried to attach the file directly from my hard drive to a draft email and sent it. Same thing happened both ways. I haven't tried sideloading via USB yet because I want them to be on the Amazon server and not just on my Kindle.

#7  riothamus 09-18-2020, 11:34 AM
I've done an amazon CS chat and filed a ticket. We'll see if anything happens. I don't hold out much hope based on my previous chats and tickets. Though all of those have to do with a recurring problem with my Kindle getting the books downloaded that I try to deliver to it.

#8  NullNix 09-18-2020, 11:36 AM
Quote riothamus
Using Calibre's "email to" feature for the most part to my Kindle Personal Docs email address. Also tried to attach the file directly from my hard drive to a draft email and sent it. Same thing happened both ways. I haven't tried sideloading via USB yet because I want them to be on the Amazon server and not just on my Kindle.
I can confirm this. Calibre has not changed, and the recipe I'm using is unchanged, so this must be Amazon modifying the emailed book in yet *another* annoying way. I wish I knew what they thought they were playing at, but I guess we can no longer keep the author we want on a sideloaded book unless we go via USB. Thanks, Amazon.

#9  riothamus 09-18-2020, 11:40 AM
Quote NullNix
I can confirm this. Calibre has not changed, and the recipe I'm using is unchanged, so this must be Amazon modifying the emailed book in yet *another* annoying way. I wish I knew what they thought they were playing at, but I guess we can no longer keep the author we want on a sideloaded book unless we go via USB. Thanks, Amazon.
Once downloaded at least the Kindle will use the metadata and show the author correctly. It does make it a lot more annoying to search my Personal docs.

If I'm going to just send one here or there I'll use the Send to Kindle app and just manually enter the author, then it works correctly still.

#10  NullNix 09-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Quote riothamus
Once downloaded at least the Kindle will use the metadata and show the author correctly. It does make it a lot more annoying to search my Personal docs.

If I'm going to just send one here or there I'll use the Send to Kindle app and just manually enter the author, then it works correctly still.
Oh, this is only in the All view for nondownloaded stuff? That was less clear (my fault for using grid view). That's not quite as bad, since I just keep everything on the Kindle anyway. I guess Amazon's trying to help you differentiate between documents from multiple sources in a really crocky way...

Next »  Last »  (1/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register