Mobileread
Question For Mods
#1  Thasaidon 09-05-2020, 06:43 AM
I just typed a longish reply to a comment in a thread.

When I came to submit it I was asked to reinput my password. I did so and found my reply has been lost.

I can understand you will want to close a login if there has been no activity for some time, so can you please warn us about this and tell us how long we have before we have before you shut us down?

#2  issybird 09-05-2020, 08:36 AM
The solution is to check the box to stay logged in. I’m not aware of a situation where someone’s been kicked to the password page while posting, but I can’t say authoritatively it can’t happen/never has happened. In any case, if you pick the stay logged in option, the odds are tiny - again, not saying you weren’t caught. Beyond that, it’s out of our hands.

#3  Thasaidon 09-05-2020, 09:57 PM
Thank you.

#4  Thasaidon 09-06-2020, 02:02 AM
Quote issybird
The solution is to check the box to stay logged in. I’m not aware of a situation where someone’s been kicked to the password page while posting, but I can’t say authoritatively it can’t happen/never has happened. In any case, if you pick the stay logged in option, the odds are tiny - again, not saying you weren’t caught. Beyond that, it’s out of our hands.
I was just asking for info as I did nor know who else to ask as I was bit surprised when it happened.

I have had a look in the settings and cannot find the "stay logged in option". I have probably inadvertently skipped over it. Please tell me where it is hiding.

#5  Elektron 09-06-2020, 04:15 PM
On mbobileread.com, when you sign in, there is a "remember me" box. Check that. IDK about mobileread.mobi.

#6  Thasaidon 09-06-2020, 10:25 PM
Thank you.

I usually do tick this box but must have missed doing it that time.

#7  4691mls 09-08-2020, 10:58 AM
I found out when trying to post on my phone that the browser's cookie settings affect this. I had turned off cookies and even though I checked "keep me logged in" it didn't work until I turned cookies back on.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register