Mobileread
New IOS Update is on the way!
#1  samcohen 11-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

There is a new IOS update on the way (Finally, I know right). We are working on some cool new features and after we diligently test it we should be able to release it before Christmas. Thank you for your patience and I can't wait to show you all everything we have been working on!

Update:

Expecting it to be ready sometime in Q1 of 2020

#2  Mims 11-14-2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up.

#3  pwalker8 11-14-2019, 09:45 PM
I greatly appreciate you letting us know what is going on. I'm looking forward to it.

#4  wrbriant@gmail.c 11-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the update, do you plan a release timetable for future fixes/enhancements?
Regards
Bill

#5  tas03 11-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Who wants to be the guinea pig to make sure this update does not erase our libraries again or makes the app lose what little functionally it had left after the last update? Any volunteers?

#6  wilhelmmedetz 11-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Hopefully the new version supports OneDrive for Business (Office 365). Looking forward.

#7  stumped 11-30-2019, 04:05 AM
Quote samcohen
Hi Everyone,

There is a new IOS update on the way (Finally, I know right). We are working on some cool new features and after we diligently test it we should be able to release it before Christmas. Thank you for your patience and I can't wait to show you all everything we have been working on!
And Android?

Please inform us if that platform has been abandoned and if not, what to expect and when.

#8  peaceridge 12-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Quote stumped
And Android?

Please inform us if that platform has been abandoned and if not, what to expect and when.
Just let me know when any new Android one comes out so I can make sure NOT to update it. I've just gone back to Android for my favorite books as CC for IOS is pretty much currently crap. I can read new books on it, but trying to find an old one just doesn't work, so if I want to reread a book it's back to Android, as much as I like my Ipad.

#9  milady133 12-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Quote peaceridge
Just let me know when any new Android one comes out so I can make sure NOT to update it. I've just gone back to Android for my favorite books as CC for IOS is pretty much currently crap. I can read new books on it, but trying to find an old one just doesn't work, so if I want to reread a book it's back to Android, as much as I like my Ipad.
+1 Given all the problems IOS users are facing, I don't want any update to the Android app

#10  stumped 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM
The only route I see to a good update to android cc happening is if the current dev quits or is fired.

If he can't see how to monetize it, he won't do it, and if he thinks he can monetize it he will probably break it like with IOS

Best advice, IMHO is to backup the installer while you can and study the workarounds so that you can manage without it.

The ODPS trick with moon reader to calibre content server is a good start

Next »  Last »  (1/8)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register