Mobileread
Have you had to reauthorize your reader?
#1  4691mls 11-12-2019, 11:18 PM
I had been using my reader earlier this evening, set it aside for a little while, went back to it and tried to open a library book, got an error message that I needed to authorize Adobe. So I turned on WiFi and reentered my Adobe ID.

Then I tried to open the book again and got a message about a missing token and that I needed to download the book directly from the library. Tried all four of my other library books and got the same message - even on the book I had been reading a little while earlier.

Tried a restart just in case but nothing changed.

So I logged into the library and redownloaded all the books. Now I have a second copy of each. I can open both copies, the original ones still have any bookmarks and highlights I had made.

Has this happened to anyone else?

#2  rcentros 11-13-2019, 07:14 AM
Quote 4691mls
Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, this happened to me one time also. And I had the book on two different Tolinos and both required the "re-authorization" at the same time. And, as with you, that didn't fix it, I had to download the book again. At the time I wondered if it was because I had the WiFi turned off and the Tolino wanted to "call home" and verify the book was still checked out. It hasn't done it since then and I had already mostly forgotten about it.

#3  4691mls 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!

#4  rcentros 11-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Quote 4691mls
Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!
I thought it was something I had done wrong. Unfortunately, I guess not. Since it happened on two Tolinos at the same time I'm guessing it must have been an Overdrive/ADE issue.

#5  4691mls 07-25-2020, 09:55 PM
This happened again tonight (8 months after the previous episode). Tonight, after I had connected my reader to my PC o get a couple of books I'd bought from Kobo, the reader subsequently asked me to authorize it, and even after I did it gave me an error when trying to open any of the Overdrive library books I'd been reading earlier in the day.

This time instead of redownloading all my Overdrive library books I just redownloaded one of them. Now I have two copies of that book, and it and all the other library books that were already on my reader are now readable again.

#6  rcentros 08-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Quote 4691mls
This happened again tonight (8 months after the previous episode). Tonight, after I had connected my reader to my PC o get a couple of books I'd bought from Kobo, the reader subsequently asked me to authorize it, and even after I did it gave me an error when trying to open any of the Overdrive library books I'd been reading earlier in the day.

This time instead of redownloading all my Overdrive library books I just redownloaded one of them. Now I have two copies of that book, and it and all the other library books that were already on my reader are now readable again.
It appears this happens on PocketBooks as well. Weird. Looks like it just requires a de-authorize/reauthorize reset. I wonder if it's a bug or something Adobe does on purpose on mobile devices for some reason.

#7  JSWolf 08-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Quote 4691mls

Copy the authorization file so if this happens again, you can just put it back.

#8  4691mls 08-09-2020, 11:27 PM
Quote rcentros
It appears this happens on PocketBooks as well. Weird. Looks like it just requires a de-authorize/reauthorize reset. I wonder if it's a bug or something Adobe does on purpose on mobile devices for some reason.
This never happened on my Sonys or my Kobo

Quote JSWolf
Copy the authorization file so if this happens again, you can just put it back.
I don't know where the file is located in order to copy it

#9  rcentros 08-10-2020, 12:21 AM
Quote 4691mls
This never happened on my Sonys or my Kobo
Never happened to me on the Sony (when it used to work for this) but I think it might have happened to me once on a Kobo.

I know it happens on Tolinos because it just happened again on my Tolino Vision 4. I wanted to try the "transfer ascm via USB cable" method – which works! — but first I had to reauthorize Adobe (yet again). But the good news is that, by moving ascm files to Tolino via USB Cable, I can download from those bookstores the Tolino's browser was having trouble logging into. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. So another method of avoiding ADE on my computer.

#10  4691mls 08-10-2020, 11:44 AM
Quote rcentros
Never happened to me on the Sony (when it used to work for this) but I think it might have happened to me once on a Kobo.

I know it happens on Tolinos because it just happened again on my Tolino Vision 4. I wanted to try the "transfer ascm via USB cable" method – which works! — but first I had to reauthorize Adobe (yet again). But the good news is that, by moving ascm files to Tolino via USB Cable, I can download from those bookstores the Tolino's browser was having trouble logging into. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. So another method of avoiding ADE on my computer.
So you just drag and drop the files from your computer instead of using ADE, and this works OK?

I have a Windows 10 PC and I do use ADE, but sometimes ADE is really slow to open or hangs so badly that I end up restarting the computer. If drag-and-drop works maybe I can skip ADE.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register