Mobileread
A Javascript to transfer files without using Digital Paper App for Sony DPT-RP1
#1  JS_F 10-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Here is the link: http://github.com/janten/dpt-rp1-py

Here is the original post link (in German): https://forum.golem.de/kommentare/sonstiges/e-paper-tablet-im-test-mit-remarkable-machen-digitale-notizen-spass/lieber-das-geraet-von-sony/112206,4905878,4905878,read.html#msg-4905878

Unfortunately, I don't know how to run the Javascript file. Anyone has tried it yet? I would be very happy if someone could kindly offer an instruction.

#2  ManDay 10-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Why does this thread not receive the crazy amount of feedback it should? This is awesome news. A REST API over a emulated network device via USB.

Everyone can use the RP1 now!

People, give this guy some karma for finding this!

#3  Philippe D. 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Well, I'm still waiting on some more reports on this, before I get all excited - though, indeed, it is very good news if it works well.

Besides, Sony doesn't seem to show much interest in selling lots of RP1's to people in my part of the world; I just looked at their French website, and searches for things like "digital paper" or "RP1" turned up exactly... nothing.

But, yes - as someone who would be a potential user of the RP1 if it were more friendly to my use - I'm still following this part of the forum.

#4  ManDay 10-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Well those reports wont just write themselves. Someone ought to try it! If I had an RP1, which I don't, I'd given it a run. Everyone just a bit too convenient to try it after they got that fantastic app of Sony's running?

Philippe, you want the RP1? They ship from Amazone and B&H, see here on Sony's intl. page. I had very good experience with B&H for deliveries to Germany, so I take it the same would apply to France.

#5  M4H35H 10-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Quote JS_F
I would be very happy if someone could kindly offer an instruction.
I imagine you need to install Python on your PC to run the script.

#6  janten 10-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Hi everyone,

someone just tipped me that you guys discovered my Python (not JavaScript) script which I use do upload documents to my DPT-RP1. I realize that it is not very user friendly, it's just something I hacked together over the course of some days. The important findings are:

#7  JS_F 10-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Could anyone kindly write an instruction for end-users? The process seems really complicated and confusing for me at least.

#8  Philippe D. 10-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Quote ManDay
Philippe, you want the RP1? They ship from Amazone and B&H, see here on Sony's intl. page. I had very good experience with B&H for deliveries to Germany, so I take it the same would apply to France.
Actually, I decided to order the Remarkable - the smaller display should be fine for my use cases, it's more easily portable, and I'm curious about the writing experience. I'll only go back to the Sony if the Remarkable turns out to be difficult to use (which I hope it won't - the end cost of buying both would be pretty steep).

But, I'm still following this, just in case

#9  ManDay 10-12-2017, 03:14 AM
Quote Philippe D.
Actually, I decided to order the Remarkable - the smaller display should be fine for my use cases, it's more easily portable, and I'm curious about the writing experience. I'll only go back to the Sony if the Remarkable turns out to be difficult to use (which I hope it won't - the end cost of buying both would be pretty steep).

But, I'm still following this, just in case
Wrong thread to make this into a discussion, but I sure will be interested to read your opinion about the re-markable. The review I've seen so far has been rather off-putting concerning the feature (or lack thereof) and bug richness of the software. But I'm also wondering whether my next purchase should be the Sony or the re-markable.

#10  YasBean 10-23-2017, 01:15 AM
I, too, hope to see more development to make this option more available for non-programmer users.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register