Mobileread
audiobooks that you bought but are no longer available
#11  CRussel 06-30-2018, 08:39 AM
Quote Amazondoc
What do you use for the DRM?

My favorite audiobook app -- Bookmobile -- will no longer deal well with Audible books. It constantly loses its place, occasionally plays a random mp3, and so on. It works fine with mp3 files, though. So I've been thinking about finding some way to convert my aax files.
I use a free program called inAudible. I'm theory it works on both .aa and .aax files, but I find it a better process with .aax files. Current version is 1.95 I think. The output is either .MP3 or .m4b, your choice.

Quote Tarana
I can't give you info on removing DRM as it's against Mobileread rules.
No, actually we can now answer in a general way. Just can't give step by step directions. Essentially the same as with eBooks.

#12  Catlady 06-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Quote CRussel
I use a free program called inAudible. I'm theory it works on both .aa and .aax files, but I find it a better process with .aax files. Current version is 1.95 I think. The output is either .MP3 or .m4b, your choice.
I've been using aaxtomp3--never heard of inAudible.

#13  Amazondoc 06-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Quote Tarana
How are you downloading the current Audible audiobooks? Enhanced or Format 4? That may make a difference with using your Bookmobile.

That's a good thought. I usually download in enhanced, but I could try other formats.

Otherwise, consider going back to the Audible app.
I'm mostly using iBooks right now. It's not as good as Bookmobile, but it's a step up from Audible.

Quote CRussel
Great -- thanks! I'll Google it!

Quote Catlady
I've been using aaxtomp3--never heard of inAudible.
Thanks! I'll check it out too!

#14  Amazondoc 06-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Quick update: I should have mentioned earlier that I'm on a Mac. I briefly checked out AAXtomp3, inAudible, and AudibleChapters, but it appears that those are mostly PC-focused. InAudible does have a Mac version called minAudible, but apparently it is no longer being updated. However, I've just downloaded an app called OpenAudible that has a specific Mac version, and I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll report back on how this works!

#15  silverraven 06-30-2018, 02:00 PM
Quote CRussel

No, actually we can now answer in a general way. Just can't give step by step directions. Essentially the same as with eBooks.
I LOVE InAudible!
S

#16  Amazondoc 06-30-2018, 02:48 PM
Further update -- OpenAudible seems to work great, after just one experiment. It makes a single large mp3, which may be a problem for some folks, but which works fine for me. And it preserves the metadata, including the cover pic. So I'm a happy camper. :-)

#17  pwalker8 07-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Quote Amazondoc
Quick update: I should have mentioned earlier that I'm on a Mac. I briefly checked out AAXtomp3, inAudible, and AudibleChapters, but it appears that those are mostly PC-focused. InAudible does have a Mac version called minAudible, but apparently it is no longer being updated. However, I've just downloaded an app called OpenAudible that has a specific Mac version, and I'm going to give it a try.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll report back on how this works!
If you are using a mac, then look up tuneskit audible converter.

#18  Catlady 07-01-2018, 10:28 AM
Quote silverraven
I LOVE InAudible!
S
Where is it? I see a couple of sites that say it's been discontinued; I don't see much of anything about the program and how it works. I'd like to compare it to aaxtomp3.

#19  Blossom 07-01-2018, 01:31 PM
What would be the highest quality MP3 settings to convert to? I'm trying to back up my Audibles.

Sent from my Nexus 7

#20  Catlady 07-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Either 64 or 96 kbps is what I use for audiobooks.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register