Mobileread
Accessing/ re-saving downloaded epub file from within epubreader
#1  cklammer 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Dear mikelv,

First of all let me express my heartfelt thanks for the effort (and doubtless trouble) you have taken to provide and develop epubreader. Thank you very much for everything!

Warning: long post (more than 160 characters) ahead!

I have two feature requests concerning ccessing respectively re-saving downloaded files. When I download an epub ebook I usually archive it (in my ebook file structure) first and then read it. But sometimes I simply forget to do that and then I am too lazy to re-download/ search the mobileread.com/ feedbooks/ manybooks/ gutenberg etc. post to save the re-downloaded file in the proper location. And why should I? I already have the download file in epubreader. So I go to the epubreader directory structure inside my firefox profile and what do I find: a list of directories with filenames from "1" to "9", "10" to "99", "100" to "999" and (presumably) so on. Of course, finding files in such a directory structure is easy if one uses the windows explorer search (if it is disabled at work ) function but still ... here is what I propose:

* Enhance the directory and epub file naming structure to something like a five or six digit left zero padded number followed by a dash followed by Author (last name, first name) followed by the title

and /or

* Have a "save as" button in epubreader itself in order to be able to resave the file from within epubreader.

Best Regards,
cklammer

#2  readx 12-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Quote cklammer
* Have a "save as" button in epubreader itself in order to be able to resave the file from within epubreader.
"Save ePub to" is already implemented.
See here.

#3  mikelv 12-06-2009, 04:30 AM
Quote cklammer
Hi cklammer, thanks for your feedback!

Like readx wrote, there is already a new version available which implements "save". In the moment this is version is only available at the location mentioned by readx. I uploaded it already to the Mozilla website, but it's still waiting for review which can take 2 weeks or longer.

#4  cklammer 12-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Quote mikelv
Hi cklammer, thanks for your feedback!

Like readx wrote, there is already a new version available which implements "save". In the moment this is version is only available at the location mentioned by readx. I uploaded it already to the Mozilla website, but it's still waiting for review which can take 2 weeks or longer.
That has to have be the fastest completed feature implementation request ever!

Thank you,
cklammer

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register