Mobileread
epub-library: relative paths
#1  josepinto 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I am using EpubReader in FirefoxPortable and every time I change the location of FirefoxPortable or if my Pen Drive letter changes I cannot acess the books in epub-library because it is search for the older location.
Can relative paths be implemented?

#2  DaleDe 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Quote josepinto
Hi,

I am using EpubReader in FirefoxPortable and every time I change the location of FirefoxPortable or if my Pen Drive letter changes I cannot acess the books in epub-library because it is search for the older location.
My entry in epub library looks like: chrome://epubreader/content/index.html
This is already a relative path. Perhaps FirefoxPortable changes this. If you do a manage bookmarks and select properties on the epub library entry what does it show?

Dale

#3  mikelv 12-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Quote josepinto
Hi,

Hi Jose, thanks for your feedback!

The problem occurs, because EPUBReader stores the absolute path of the folder, where the epub is stored. This causes only problems, if you use FirefoxPortable like you do or you move your Firefox installation for other reasons. But because it's indeed not very good to use absolute paths, I'll put this on the change list .

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register