Mobileread
Attention: All eBookwise 1150 newbies!
#11  askyn 12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
sorry for the delay in responding, hectic time of the year.

When your doing the conversions, are you using batch mode ( ie it pops up and says you have xxx number of books to convert do you want to do them now? ), or manually by clicking the create new button and making them one at a time?

Reason I ask is that some times ive had issues with it mass produceing the books vs doing it manually one by one.

Manually seems to work little better for me for some reason.

#12  Roger1322 12-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I've just discovered a solution, no thanks to eBookwise or Librarian support. I installed an old version and it now works. I'm grateful but really disgusted with zero help from these two outfits.

#13  nrapallo 02-13-2010, 10:54 AM
OK, so let's assume you've just purchased your first ebook for the EBW1150 from say www.fictionwise.com or www.ebookwise.com and don't know yet how to use it. (and you will learn fast, just start with a crawl and then ... )

The way the .imp ebook gets "onto" your EBW1150 is by transferring it via the usb cable that connects it to the computer BY USING THE EBW1150 reader itself to do this. Once purchased, the ebook is then made available on your Online Bookshelf stored by fictionwise's host company (the manufacurer of the EBW1150, eBook Technologies, Inc. aka ETI) on the ETI servers. All you have to do is connect via the USB cable to your Online Bookshelf by tapping the Online Bookshelf tab on the EBW1150's Bookshelf screen. This "downloads" it again but this time via the internet directly (or at worst via the telephone line ) onto your EBW1150.

Just so you know, www.ebookwise.com purchases are easier as they always are immediately available in your Online Bookshelf. However, when using www.fictionwise.com, you can also download the Multiformat ebook you purchased for "safe keeping", but make sure you download the OEBFF Half VGA .imp format which is the only one the EBW1150 can read natively. (Note: If DRM is used, then the OEBFF Secure Half VGA .imp format will be restricted to only your EBW1150 device and cannot be transferred.) The other formats would need to be converted first to .imp to use, and that's more of a hassle. However, you still may want it in .prc or ereader .pdb if you have OTHER devices that read those formats. It's really up to your own preferences which ones you download.

The .imp ebook is always made available on the ETI servers for you to download (again and again) via the usb cable using the EBW1150 itself.

You can also transfer the .imp ebook you downloaded to your desktop (i.e. hard drive) using the eBookwise Librarian (purchased at www.ebookwise.com) or our own free impserve program available in the Mobileread.com Fictionwise/ebookwise Forum. This is also how you would download ebooks from our E-Books Uploads .IMP Books library forum into your EBW1150.

If this still doesn't make sense, just re-read this post about using the eBookwise Librarian program or this post about using the ETI servers.

Happy reading!

#14  BooksForABuck 03-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase spare USB cables for the eBookWise. I've run mine over one time too often with my office chair.

Rob Preece
Publisher, BooksForABuck.com

#15  nrapallo 03-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote BooksForABuck
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase spare USB cables for the eBookWise.
As far as I know, the USB cable used by the EBW1150 is non-proprietary.

Just google for a "USB Type A - mini-B" Cable for a source near you. Our EBookwise-1150@Wiki » wiki lists this as the USB type used (See under Specifications).

#16  Roger1322 03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
And, I repeat - forget any support for eBookwise Librarian from eBookwise.

#17  shighfield 03-20-2010, 09:55 AM
My wife's old kodak camera uses the same cable so we have a few spares. Since we just moved they are all burried somewhere in my office and as such I'm loading books with the card reader right now.

#18  nrapallo 10-23-2010, 06:12 PM
This software is no longer available for sale either by breeno.org or www.ebookwise.com.

In it's place ETI has introduced http://my.ebooksystem.net/, a supplement to their Personal Content Server that can now deliver .imp ebooks directly to your Online Library for later download to your device from your computer. Try it with you favourite .imp ebooks from our own Mobileread.com E-book Uploads Library!

Thanks to lvd4 for this tip!

#19  kcm0918 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I got my ebookwise last year but have never really had much luck getting books for it. namely I do not like most of the books on the fictionwise or ebookwise site and I thought I had to buy them only from here. after looking at several of these threads I realize that I can buy books in a different format and convert them (to imp I think) but how do I do this? I have a ton of epub books that I would love to convert but I do not know how. I have Calibre but imp is not an output extension choice.
please help!

- also, does anyone know of any library options (free or otherwise) where I can download books to my device from a library?

#20  DaleDe 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM
There are many books right here at Mobile Read in the eBook upload section. Also have a look at our wiki. It will tell you how to get started.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register