Mobileread
Yiben p47L (new pocket reader)
#11  ragzy 07-13-2022, 01:43 PM
So, are you still using it @Rowe?

Thoughts and my background:

I've only managed to find this review and 2 on youtube.

I didn't think there where any alternatives out there to my crumbling Kobo Mini (yes, the plastic is literally falling apart, but I haven't bought any other device since I started searching here and settled for the Kobo Mini. So It's lasted a long time (still working, with tape holding the back part there, I do like to easy tear down for repairs, but when the plastic starts aging repairs get tougher).

I don't think I'd like a device that is more like a phone with a different screen, since I tend to drop my stuff a lot.

I really don't care about WiFi or Bluetooth because I side-load everything. If it's not from a big brand with it's own store, then that's a plus sine I dont want to be locked in. Not sure about touch screen, downside is buttons wear out and they disturb your partner if you want to read in bed.

Yeah, it could be a lot cheaper for what it is, but there is really not any competition, so because of that they can raise the price. Some bug fixes through firmware updates would have been nice though.

Questions:

Do they even have a homepage?

Are the side buttons for page turning as loud as the ones in the bottom?

Has anyone been able to order one in black?

Would have been nice with a video on how pocketable the device actually is.

#12  rowe 07-13-2022, 05:55 PM
'So, are you still using it @Rowe?'
A bit gutted my P47L stopped charging a couple of weeks ago so I've gone back to using an InkPalm full-time.

'I don't think I'd like a device that is more like a phone with a different screen, since I tend to drop my stuff a lot.'
A InkPalm plus case is pretty robust

'Do they even have a homepage?'
The official page for the P47 was nonsense. It was on http://5v-china.com which seems down at the moment and their official seller seems to have switched focus to e-cigarretes.

'Are the side buttons for page turning as loud as the ones in the bottom?'
They're quieter

'Would have been nice with a video on how pocketable the device actually is'
It's extremely pocketable. More so than any other ereader.

#13  ragzy 07-15-2022, 10:56 AM
Oh, yes I saw that the seller on Facebook had announced that he started working with vaporizers. Too bad. Sorry to hear yours has already stopped charging. I'll just have to hope that my kobo mini lives a while longer. Maybe look into that inkpalm.

Thanx for the reply @rowe!

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register