Mobileread
Highlight fails, page(s) turn instead
#1  LDB 11-01-2021, 11:48 AM
Frequently the highlight function fails. I put my finger on a word and hold it there expecting in 1/2 second or so for it to turn on the highlight function so I can then swipe the rest of the text I want highlighted. Nope, it starts turning pages forward or backward depending on where on screen my finger is.

If I give the power button a quick press to turn it off and wait 1-2 seconds and give another quick press to turn it back on I can then highlight correctly. Anyone else experiencing this? Know what causes it? Know how to fix it?

#2  Sirtel 11-01-2021, 12:15 PM
It has happened to my Oasis a few times. I'm not on the latest firmware, though.

No idea what causes it. All my books are sideloaded.

#3  tomsem 11-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Not having this issue on PW4.

#4  LDB 08-10-2022, 09:28 PM
Still having this problem. I did a full reset a few days ago. Today when it wouldn't highlight I tried the power off trick but that didn't work. I did a menu restart and finally could highlight again. Am on 5.14.3.0.1 update. About ready to give up on Kindle if I can learn how to get my 5,500 Kindle books into a Kobo.

#5  tekkasit 08-10-2022, 10:34 PM
I had it once on my Oasis 3. But it was gone after a single restart.

#6  DNSB 08-10-2022, 10:59 PM
I've seen that behaviour 3 times on my PW4. Considering how little I actually use it, I would have thought it was more common that it seems to be.

#7  hleo12 08-11-2022, 07:47 PM
This happened to me a few times on a basic. But I just chalked it up to the basic being, well, basic.

#8  tomsem 08-11-2022, 08:01 PM
Quote LDB
Frequently the highlight function fails. I put my finger on a word and hold it there expecting in 1/2 second or so for it to turn on the highlight function so I can then swipe the rest of the text I want highlighted. Nope, it starts turning pages forward or backward depending on where on screen my finger is.

If I give the power button a quick press to turn it off and wait 1-2 seconds and give another quick press to turn it back on I can then highlight correctly. Anyone else experiencing this? Know what causes it? Know how to fix it?
Which Kindle model is this happening on?

#9  DNSB 08-12-2022, 12:18 AM
Quote tomsem
Which Kindle model is this happening on?
Reported devices so far in this thread are Paperwhite 5, Paperwhite 4, Oasis 3 and Basic 10th Gen.

#10  LDB 08-12-2022, 08:55 AM
Mine is the latest Oasis, a 3 I believe it is. I guess I'll start hunting for the correct phone number to call Amazon and see what can be done.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register