Mobileread
FREE/BARGAIN — Romance & Discussion
#3481  apesmom 08-14-2022, 07:05 PM
This week . . .

Night Huntress Universe/Night Prince by Jeaniene Frost
#12/#3 - Bound by Flames - 3.5
Listened on Overdrive, narration good. Brutal.
Hell's Library by A.J. Hackwith
#1 - The Library of the Unwritten - 4
Listened on Overdrive, narration is fabulous. Contemporary fantasy. Interesting world, unique ideas, no romance. I'll likely follow up with book 2 when the mood strikes.
Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata - 3.5
KU but listened on Overdrive. Narration is mixed, good except for the voicing of male characters who all sound like geeky teenagers. This is the last one currently available at Brooklyn, I'll have to read the rest. Story not as strong as the previous ones I've listened to. Starting to wonder if she has written a book without bathroom humor.

Purchased: none

#3482  apesmom 08-15-2022, 12:29 PM
On sale.

The Awakening (Dragon Heart Legacy #1) by Nora Roberts - $1.99
Spoiler Warning below

In the realm of Talamh, a teenage warrior named Keegan emerges from a lake holding a sword—representing both power and the terrifying responsibility to protect the Fey. In another realm known as Philadelphia, a young woman has just discovered she possesses a treasure of her own…

When Breen Kelly was a girl, her father would tell her stories of magical places. Now she’s an anxious twentysomething mired in student debt and working a job she hates. But one day she stumbles upon a shocking discovery: her mother has been hiding an investment account in her name. It has been funded by her long-lost father—and it’s worth nearly four million dollars.

This newfound fortune would be life-changing for anyone. But little does Breen know that when she uses some of the money to journey to Ireland, it will unlock mysteries she couldn’t have imagined. Here, she will begin to understand why she kept seeing that silver-haired, elusive man, why she imagined his voice in her head saying Come home, Breen Siobhan. It’s time you came home. Why she dreamed of dragons. And where her true destiny lies—through a portal in Galway that takes her to a land of faeries and mermaids, to a man named Keegan, and to the courage in her own heart that will guide her through a powerful, dangerous destiny…
Kindle | Kobo | Google

#3483  Terisa de morgan 08-15-2022, 03:14 PM
Quote library addict
Weekly Report:

Read:

Purchased:
I've liked a lot "Storm Echo"... and I've cried a lot.

#3484  sufue 08-16-2022, 11:30 AM
If you waited , Gunmetal Magic is now $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US. The links below are still good...

Quote sufue
Gunmetal Magic is a book mid-way through the Kate Daniels series, but featuring Kate's friend Andrea as the main protagonist. I can never really figure out which books in this series are considered books, which are officially novellas, and which are just short stories, but based on the list on their website, IA seem to consider this to be a book, and list it between the short story, Magic Tests, and before the novella, Magic Gifts. (And Magic Gifts, is conveniently included as a bonus in Gunmetal Magic...woo-hoo!)

Per eReaderIQ, Gunmetal Magic has never been on sale below $4.99, which is a pretty steep price point for me, but the last time it was on sale at that price, I persuaded myself to buy it, rationalizing the purchase since it also included Magic Gifts. (It's amazing what our minds can do when they need to .)

Now it's $4.99 again at Kindle and Kobo US...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072NWKP6
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0072NWKP6
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/gunmetal-magic

#3485  sufue 08-18-2022, 11:06 AM
Moonshadow is free right now at Kindle and Kobo US. @worktolive's link still works for Kindle US, and here's the Kobo US link...

Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/moonshadow-6

Quote worktolive
On sale for $0.99:

Moonshadow by Thea Harrison. This book was one of my favorites from last year. The next book in the series, Spellbinder, is coming out later this month and I plan on buying it on release day for full price, so that tells you how much I enjoyed Moonshadow.

Spoiler Warning below

From bestselling author Thea Harrison comes the first in an explosive new trilogy set in the Elder Races world….

Her past is a blank, her future uncertain….

Recovering from a shooting, LAPD witch consultant Sophie Ross leaves her job and travels to the U.K. to search for answers about her childhood. When she encounters a Daoine Sidhe knight of the Dark Court, she becomes entangled in an ancient hatred between two arcane forces.

He has given his body and soul to fight for his people….

Barred from his homeland along with his surviving brother knights, Nikolas Sevigny is embroiled in a conflict that threatens everything he holds dear. Only by uniting his people’s resources can they hope to prevail against Isabeau, the deadly Queen of the Light Court. He will do anything and use anyone to return home to Lyonesse.

When Nikolas encounters Sophie, he sees a tool to be used. The insouciant witch might be the key to unlocking every passageway that has been barred to the knights of the Dark Court, even as a fascination for her takes root in what’s left of his soul.

Sophie has no intention of becoming anyone’s pawn, yet the fierce Nikolas is so compelling, she can’t deny the temptation that endangers her guarded heart.

As magic threatens Lyonesse, Queen Isabeau unleashes her merciless Hounds, and Nikolas and Sophie become embroiled in a race for survival. Meanwhile, the passion that ignites between them burns too hot to be denied and quickly turns into obsession.

Thank goodness they both know better than to fall in love…

#3486  worktolive 08-19-2022, 07:47 PM
Free until tomorrow:

Marry the Scot series: Volume 1 by Jolie Vines - If you like Scottish heroes, this is a good one...

Spoiler Warning below

A stern laird who will do anything to get his lass.
A downed military pilot in love with his best friend's younger sister.
Four steamy romances, each containing a modern day hot Scot finding his happily ever after.

Storm the Castle
"Come, lass. Get on a plane with me."
A Highlander walks into a bar...
My father's conference, to be exact. The Scot is huge, overbearing, and his gaze sets me on fire. He wants to take me home to see his mighty tower.
I'm tempted. I really am.
Except I just had a proposal from someone else. One that could give me everything I wanted.
Apart from love.
But when did I ever have a need for that?

Love Most, Say Least
"With my foot to the accelerator of a stolen vehicle, I kidnapped an unconscious heir."
I never cared about who I'd marry, only that I had to walk the aisle before I was twenty-one or lose my inheritance. Then a tiny, wild-haired beauty pulled a stunt that sent my heart into overdrive, and my pulse hasn't slowed since.
She had no idea a car wreck scarred my body and stole my family.
She couldn't know that from one kiss, I'd be all but in love.
I'd saved myself for a marriage I didn't value. Now Beth is in my sights, I finally know what I want, even if loving her means losing everything.

Hero
"Sit tight, lass. I'll find ye."
I always pictured my brother's best friend to be impressive--after all, he's a military helicopter pilot whose job is to save people. Then he appears in front of me and my assumptions fly out of the window.
Tattoos on muscles.
Grey eyes and a sexy smirk.
A Scottish accent to die for.
And what's more? He's here to rescue me from my uncle's clutches. My poor sheltered heart stands no chance.

The Rival
"I won't lose you. Not to him."
Resigned to marry a man I despise in order to save my family's farm, I can't let one point lie. My first time will be on my terms. But when I proposition a stranger, I can't predict that the sweet, generous, super smexy man will turn out to be my betrothed's relative.
And fierce rival.
Let the Highland Games begin.

This boxed set contains the first three novels and a novella in the Marry the Scot series. Once you start reading, you won't want to stop. Download this now to enter a world of gorgeous scenery and hot Scots!

#3487  library addict 08-21-2022, 11:22 AM
Weekly Report:

Read:And with this trilogy finished, I have read everything Nora Roberts has published, including all of the JD Robb titles. Finishing the remaing 16 books from her backlist was my big goal reading goal for the year.

Purchased:
books 8-21.JPG 

#3488  library addict 08-21-2022, 11:37 AM
What It Takes Kowalski Family #10 (aka A Kowalski Reunion Novel) is on sale again for $1.99
Price hasn't dropped at Kobo or Google Play yet. Might just be a one day Amazon sale + B&N
Spoiler Warning below

Revisit all of your Kowalski favorites while falling in love with a brand-new romance in this reunion novel from New York Times bestselling author Shannon Stacey

Laney Caswell is looking for a change. A decade's worth of less-than-happy matrimony behind her, she wants peace—movies, books and, best of all, a new job at the Northern Star Lodge in Whitford, Maine. Spending the summer living in a camper is her chance to rediscover what makes her happy, and a perfect transition to her new life.

Being a paramedic in Whitford is nothing like Ben Rivers's city life, but when Josh Kowalski offers him the job, the lure of his hometown is too much to resist. Also too much to resist: Laney Caswell. Ben always thought he'd have a wife and kids, a happy family like the Kowalskis have all built, but he never made time in his life. Now he's found a woman who draws him like no other and helps him dream again—and the last thing she wants is a husband.

When the annual Kowalski family camping trip is moved to the Northern Star, both Ben and Laney are surrounded by the kind of happiness they've always wanted but never had. It just might be theirs—if they can put aside the past and reach for it together.
Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon

B&N

#3489  DNSB 08-21-2022, 11:49 AM
Quote library addict
What It Takes Kowalski Family #10 (aka A Kowalski Reunion Novel) is on sale again for $1.99
Price hasn't dropped at Kobo or Google Play yet. Might just be a one day Amazon sale + B&N
For what it's worth, if you are in Canada or other Kobo Plus countries, it's available for free which made my XYL rather happy.

Kobo Plus is similar to Kindle Unlimited but no limit on the number of books and no requirement for exclusivity.
kobo_WIT.png 

#3490  Terisa de morgan 08-21-2022, 01:02 PM
Quote library addict
And with this trilogy finished, I have read everything Nora Roberts has published, including all of the JD Robb titles. Finishing the remaing 16 books from her backlist was my big goal reading goal for the year.
Congrats! Impressive task!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (349/355)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register