Mobileread
Google Play $5 off any book
#1  Fbone 12-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Receive $5 off any book priced at $5.01 and above. Works on the Big 5 titles also.

https://play.google.com/store/books

#2  GtrsRGr8 12-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Quote Fbone
Receive $5 off any book priced at $5.01 and above. Works on the Big 5 titles also.

Gr8 find!

#3  AnemicOak 12-09-2016, 09:55 PM
No deal for me. Unfortunately like all Google Play offers some get certain ones and others don't, they're very often a YMMV thing. Hope most of you get it.

#4  bgalbrecht 12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Quote Fbone

What are we supposed to see, a banner announcing $5 off any book over $5? Like AnemicOak, I didn't see anything like that on multiple browsers on my Linux desktop, nor my android phone.

#5  AnemicOak 12-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Yeah, usually when you're eligible for any offers on GP they'll appear as banners in the specific store sections.

#6  GtrsRGr8 12-09-2016, 11:55 PM
No banners for me.

I'm not going to spend hours looking over their selection, trying to find them, just to save $5.

#7  Fbone 12-10-2016, 12:55 AM
I see an ad just above the 99c rentals. Since I've purchased from Google before I thought it was open to others.

Sorry for the confusion.

#8  GtrsRGr8 12-10-2016, 12:59 AM
Quote Fbone
I see an ad just above the 99c rentals. Since I've purchased from Google before I thought it was open to others.

Sorry for the confusion.
I've purchased from Google Play before, too. However, I haven't bought any books from them lately. It's been exclusively music.

Thanks for your post, anyway. You were trying to help us out.

#9  Manabi 12-10-2016, 01:22 AM
I didn't get that offer, but they sent me an E-mail with a link to click to get $1 in Google Play credit for free. Has to be used by December 31st, but it applies to your Google Play balance and can be used on anything: books, music, videos, apps, in-app purchases, etc.

If you haven't signed up for their newsletters, it's worth turning that on because they occasionally send out freebie offers. If you aren't getting the newsletters, they won't send you the freebie offers.

#10  GtrsRGr8 12-10-2016, 01:29 AM
Quote Manabi
I didn't get that offer, but they sent me an E-mail with a link to click to get $1 in Google Play credit for free. Has to be used by December 31st, but it applies to your Google Play balance and can be used on anything: books, music, videos, apps, in-app purchases, etc.

If you haven't signed up for their newsletters, it's worth turning that on because they occasionally send out freebie offers. If you aren't getting the newsletters, they won't send you the freebie offers.
I got that one, too. Didn't notice the expiration date. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Probably 5 or 6 years ago now, I got a $10 credit from Google Play somehow. It had no expiration date. I wasn't buying as much then as I am now (I don't even buy much now), and when I bought something it was always a super bargain (like a 99 cent album). It literally took years for me to spend it all!

Next »  Last »  (1/23)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register