Mobileread
USA & Canada: Free ebook each month from Tor.com
#271  Dazrin 06-07-2022, 11:38 AM
A new book is available now:
https://ebookclub.tor.com/

Available until 11:59 PM Eastern Time June 10th.

THE WIDOW QUEEN
(The Bold, Volume 1)
by Elżbieta Cherezińska

Elżbieta Cherezińska’s The Widow Queen is the epic story of a Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

The bold one, they call her—too bold for most.

To her father, the great duke of Poland, Swietoslawa and her two sisters represent three chances for an alliance. Three marriages on which to build his empire.

But Swietoslawa refuses to be simply a pawn in her father’s schemes; she seeks a throne of her own, with no husband by her side.

The gods may grant her wish, but crowns sit heavy, and power is a sword that cuts both ways.

#272  John F 07-26-2022, 07:26 PM
I received an email today for a new freebie.

#273  DNSB 07-26-2022, 11:35 PM
The freebie of the month is:

THE BORDER KEEPER
The Mkalis Cycle (Volume 1)
by Kerstin Hall

See Tor.com's eBook of the Month Club to download.

Spoiler Warning below

She lived where the railway tracks met the saltpan, on the Ahri side of the shadowline. In the old days, when people still talked about her, she was known as the end-of-the-line woman.

Vasethe, a man with a troubled past, comes to seek a favor from a woman who is not what she seems, and must enter the nine hundred and ninety-nine realms of Mkalis, the world of spirits, where gods and demons wage endless war.

The Border Keeper spins wonders both epic—the Byzantine bureaucracy of hundreds of demon realms, impossible oceans, hidden fortresses—and devastatingly personal—a spear flung straight, the profound terror and power of motherhood. What Vasethe discovers in Mkalis threatens to bring his own secrets into light and throw both worlds into chaos.

#274  salty-horse 08-02-2022, 09:30 AM
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson is this month's offering

This is the first book in the Mistborn "second era" series Wax and Wayne, and the offer is to celebrate the release of the fourth and final book in that series.

#275  radius 08-03-2022, 10:18 AM
Quote salty-horse
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson is this month's offering
Were you able to successfully download? I have been a longtime Tor ebook club subscriber but this month, after I enter my email address for confirmation, I never get any download link (yes, did check spam folder)

#276  JSWolf 08-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Quote radius
Were you able to successfully download? I have been a longtime Tor ebook club subscriber but this month, after I enter my email address for confirmation, I never get any download link (yes, did check spam folder)
I put in my email address and I got the links right there on the website. I did not have to wait for any email.

#277  DNSB 08-03-2022, 11:38 AM
Quote radius
Tor sends download links by email? All I've ever seen is the page with the epub and mobi download links after my email address is verified.
Tor_download_links.png 

#278  JSWolf 08-03-2022, 11:42 AM
Quote DNSB
Tor sends download links by email? All I've ever seen is the page with the epub and mobi download links after my email address is verified.
They used to send email that linked to the webpage with the links for the eBooks.

#279  Dazrin 08-03-2022, 02:16 PM
Quote radius
I had to enter my address for verification three or four times this month before it went through. Just keep trying.

#280  FourOhFour 08-23-2022, 09:24 AM
Brandon Sanderson's Shadows of Self is this month's second offering. Or maybe next month's early? I dunno. Anyway, this is the next book in the Mistborn series after the previous freebie.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (28/29)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register