Mobileread
Is the eBookwise still viable ?
#11  lvd4 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM
For clarification, Coupe is right, that the 1150 can only display *.imp files. What I meant was, one can upload a txt file, and the 1150 converts it to imp so, in essence, you can use txt format.

#12  booklover6 12-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote lvd4
For clarification, Coupe is right, that the 1150 can only display *.imp files. What I meant was, one can upload a txt file, and the 1150 converts it to imp so, in essence, you can use txt format.
Not to be dense, but does the 1150 do the conversion or is it done through the software server site? If I put a txt file on my card, will it show up as imp?

I'll try it....its charged up and ready to go so might as well.

Well it was a hope. But didn't work. If I can remember how to use the ebooksystem, I'll try that.

#13  250 Coupe 12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the only file an 1150 can convert directly is an .rb and that has to be dropped into the root of the memory card using a card reader. And it will take forever, at least that's how I remember it.

If you have trouble with the ebooksystem server, read through the stickies at the top of the eBookwise forum for impserve and other ways to create content for the 1150.

Michael

#14  booklover6 12-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Michael, I was able to log in and upload files to the my.ebooksystem.net site. However, upon connecting the 1150 to the computer and clicking online bookshelf, it never connects. It says waiting for connection.

Also is there a place on the ebooksystem web site where I can view my files? I can't seem to find a Home or file list.

Thanks!

#15  250 Coupe 12-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Do you have the driver for the 1150 running on our PC? It will look like an "Eiffel tower" in the notification bar on the lower right. It will go from just a tower to having curved lines around it when the 1150 is connected and on.

Find the driver here,
http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?t=help_USBdrivers&si=43

I didn't find anywhere to view files at ebooksystem either, you might send an email to the link at the bottom of the main page. It would be nice to be able to delete old books to make room for more and to see what is already there before uploading something twice.

Michael

#16  booklover6 12-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Oh shoot I forgot about the Eiffel tower driver, that's not on my netbook. I'll try again later today. I was able to get mobi2imp working on the netbook last night.

Thanks for the link, that will definitely come in handy.

Ok, installed the driver, but still won't connect. Same message on the 1150 (USB cable plugged in. Waiting for connection...) and the Eiffel tower does not have the connecting lines. I am thinking there may be something wrong with the 1150, that it won't connect.

At least I have the card reader so I can side load content.

Another edit: on my desktop, the driver does connect. The error I get on the 1150 says "There was no response from the server; trying the operation again may help. Perhaps an HTTP proxy server should be configured."

I have no idea what that means.

Under settings: Use HTTP proxy is checked, use proxy for USB is checked. HTTP proxy address is 127.0.0.1 and HTTP proxy port is 9090. (These settings are correct as far as I know).

Any ideas?

#17  250 Coupe 12-04-2011, 08:40 AM
A proxy server acts like a go between to protect or hide your network from the great unknown. 127.0.0.1 is an internal network address. It looks like someone may have set up impserve or some other proxy server to move content onto your 1150. You don't need to use a proxy if you are connecting directly to the sanctioned eBookwise or ebooksystem servers.

Go ahead and uncheck all use proxy check boxes and try to connect. I think it will work as long as your 1150 has been registered. If you bought the 1150 second hand, you might want to follow the steps outlined here, https://my.ebooksystem.net/personal/uid-help.asp under the “Retrieving your user ID and password using your eBook” to see if it’s been registered with the system. You might also want to email support and ask if you can do a refurbish and then register it.

Michael

#18  booklover6 12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Michael, thank you! Unchecking those boxes worked. And I was delighted to see that uploading txt files worked also!

edited to add-being able to upload txt files to the server like this is a huge improvement over having to find, buy or convert files to imp. It makes this device much more user friendly.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register