Mobileread
Must Register?
#11  JayCook 12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote whitequeen54
You can still upload books to your ereader with the eBookwise Librarian program.
Unfortunately, one can no longer get the Librarian program. It was unavailable when my trial ran out.

#12  whitequeen54 12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Go to http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/GEB_Librarian. Down towards the bottom it says "Ebookwise Librarian - rebranded GEBLibrarian software (no longer being offered for sale by www.ebookwise.com, but is available for direct download here)"

Click on the "here" and you can download the program directly to your computer.

#13  JayCook 12-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for that whitequeen54. I have used the librarian software before and found the ebookwise servers much more efficient. So now that they (the servers) will no longer be available, I downloaded the Librarian program again. I converted an epub to an rb, then Right Clicked on the *.rb > send to Librarian to Import. The Librarian prog seems to work but when I go to the Online Boodshelf, it says there is a book there but not in the correct format for my ereader. Any idea why I can't get it to accept and *.rb?
Thanks again.

#14  JayCook 12-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Sorry, should have added that I used Calibre to convert.
I also tried with a *.txt ebook, with the same error message.

#15  whitequeen54 12-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I think I encountered that once and I think I reinstalled the eBookwise driver, which solved the problem. Sorry I can't remember but try that and let me know. I will check this thread every day now, since they only seem to send out updates once a week.

Another problem you might encounter is when you first try to upload the books to your reader, you will get an error. You then need to reset the reader and try again and so far it has always worked for me.

#16  JayCook 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote whitequeen54
I think I encountered that once and I think I reinstalled the eBookwise driver, which solved the problem. Sorry I can't remember but try that and let me know. I will check this thread every day now, since they only seem to send out updates once a week.

Another problem you might encounter is when you first try to upload the books to your reader, you will get an error. You then need to reset the reader and try again and so far it has always worked for me.
Reinstalling the driver worked. Many thanks to you!

Jay

#17  whitequeen54 12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
You can re-download the USB eBookwise driver here http://www.ebookwise.com/librarian/help/
Down towards the bottom where it says Downloading eBooks to your eBook reading device and then eBookwise-1150 and GEB 1150 users: you will need to have the USB driver downloaded and installed before connecting to the Librarian. If you do not have this driver, you can download it at http://www.breeno.org/eBook/Windows_eBookUSB.exe.

I don't know why it says Please be sure you can access your Online Bookshelf (if they are still in operation at the time of this reading) before attempting to access your local bookshelf via the Librarian. Because obviously I can't access the Online Bookshelf and I'm not having any problems.

Another thing to check is your port settings. I am using HTTP proxy address 127.0.0.1 and proxy port 80.

#18  whitequeen54 12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Great! I love my eBookwise and hope it lasts for many more years.

#19  JayCook 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote whitequeen54
Great! I love my eBookwise and hope it lasts for many more years.
We have three in our household and would miss them dearly if we had to go to something newer. Sure, they're old tech, but that's fine by us.

« First  « Prev   (2/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register