Mobileread
DR accessory list
#11  keng2000 06-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I confirm for IPOD/IPHONE Charger.

#12  Grimulkan 06-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Quote keng2000
I confirm for IPOD/IPHONE Charger.
Which one? The official one? Could you post a link to the one you use? I'm asking because there are third party iPod chargers on eBay that don't work.

#13  Shaggy 06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote Grimulkan
Which one? The official one? Could you post a link to the one you use? I'm asking because there are third party iPod chargers on eBay that don't work.
Is it a third party charger? I thought the ebay auction looked like the official Apple one.

I think we need to be careful and clear that "the charger works" not only includes whether or not it charges the DR, but also whether or not the device has full functionality while plugged in. Many of the USB charger problems are not necessarily related to charging the battery, but to the sensor buttons or screen exhibiting odd behaviour if the device is used while charging.

I know you point that out in your post, but we need to make sure users who are confirming the behavior of a particular brand of charger also recognize that.

#14  Grimulkan 06-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Quote Shaggy
Is it a third party charger? I thought the ebay auction looked like the official Apple one.
I don't know. I see no such claims, and I don't see an Apple logo anywhere. It doesn't look like the iPod chargers I've seen in Apple stores either. Besides, its on ebay and ships from outside the US. I'm taking a guess that its a third party charger.

Quote Shaggy
I think we need to be careful and clear that "the charger works" not only includes whether or not it charges the DR, but also whether or not the device has full functionality while plugged in. Many of the USB charger problems are not necessarily related to charging the battery, but to the sensor buttons or screen exhibiting odd behaviour if the device is used while charging.

I know you point that out in your post, but we need to make sure users who are confirming the behavior of a particular brand of charger also recognize that.
True, I've added a more conspicuous notice.

#15  Shaggy 06-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Quote Grimulkan
I don't know. I see no such claims, and I don't see an Apple logo anywhere. It doesn't look like the iPod chargers I've seen in Apple stores either. Besides, its on ebay and ships from outside the US. I'm taking a guess that its a third party charger.
You're probably right.

#16  hanche 06-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Re strange behaviour of the capacitive buttons on certain chargers, I also see this when charging from my 12 inch Mac PowerBook or the USB port built into a Dell monitor at work. I have assumed this is a property of the reader more than the charger. Am I wrong? (Strange behaviour means sometimes when I use a button, the light on that button stays lit and that buttons and its two mates become unusable until a hard reset. (That's right, even a reboot does not cure the problem.)

#17  Shaggy 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't remember seeing an official explanation from iRex about it, but the theory I've seen is that something strange about the V or mA that the charger is providing is interfering with the operation of the capacitive sensor buttons. There's no real proof of this though, other than just empirical evidence.

#18  keng2000 06-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Quote Grimulkan
It is original one come with IPHONE 2G,
and Additional Charger from Apple authorization store for my IPOD Touch 1G

#19  tjdean256 06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
The wall charger for the ATT Tilt works.

The Wal Mart brand car charger for the Motorola razor works too.

#20  aegas 06-14-2009, 04:06 AM
Great thread!

I'm currently using 'Apple USB Power Adapter' with no problem.

link: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB352LL/B

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/5)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register