Mobileread
I got my black Kobo!
#1  barth90 05-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Today I went to the Indigo store in Brossard (south shore of Montreal), and they still had 6 black Kobo in the store. They had received 20 on friday. Ironically they didn't have any white ones!
I bought the black one for my wife as a Mother's Day present. My reader is a Kindle DX; it's a reader made for men .

#2  FizzyWater 05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
What color is the button on the black Kobo?

#3  StealthyScribe 05-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Quote FizzyWater
What color is the button on the black Kobo?
Grey. You can see it on the Chapters home page.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/

#4  Squirsier 05-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote barth90
Today I went to the Indigo store in Brossard (south shore of Montreal), and they still had 6 black Kobo in the store. They had received 20 on friday. Ironically they didn't have any white ones!
I bought the black one for my wife as a Mother's Day present. My reader is a Kindle DX; it's a reader made for men .
Damn, and I wanted to get one, but I checked their online stock and it said 0 so I didn't bother going... We would have been 2 to post about getting a new Kobo reader from the same store today otherwise

#5  barth90 05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote Squirsier
Damn, and I wanted to get one, but I checked their online stock and it said 0 so I didn't bother going... We would have been 2 to post about getting a new Kobo reader from the same store today otherwise
I checked their website too and it said ZERO. But since I was in Brossard anyway, I said why not.

You should go tomorrow. They had five left after I bought mine. at 5:00PM

#6  Squirsier 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote barth90
I checked their website too and it said ZERO. But since I was in Brossard anyway, I said why not.

BY the time I get off work and fight traffic, there's most probably gonna be none left... That can wait tho

#7  PeterT 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Phone them and ask to have one put aside for you....

#8  stargazertony 05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
I like the way the black defines the screen more than the white.

#9  anidel 05-13-2010, 12:23 AM
In the end I went for it.
Just went to my local Chapter here in Kamloops and swapped my white Kobo for a black one.
I must admit I liked both. But my preferred color is black and this one also looks like a pendant for my black Thinkpad

#10  auriel 05-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote barth90

You're always better to check in the store. I got mine in Saskatoon, and the website at the time said there were 7 in stock, but when I went in to the store, there were 3. The website numbers aren't very reliable.

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register