Mobileread
Kobo making a push to expand in a TINY market
#1  Uncle Robin 01-19-2021, 03:37 PM
Someone in New Zealand apparently thought I might be interested in this advertorial, possibly because of my being a Kobo fan. Interesting to see Kobo targeting such a small market:

Kobo advertorial

#2  artig 01-20-2021, 01:53 AM
I don't think Kobo is particularly 'targeting' this tiny market. It's just PBTech who, along with several other retailers, sell the Kobo range of ereaders. PBTech do similar articles and news items on many of their other products as well.

Per head of population more Kobo readers are probably sold in NZ than in the USA, although that's just a WAG.

#3  JSWolf 01-20-2021, 06:55 AM
Where is the Clara HD in that advert?

#4  Uncle Robin 01-20-2021, 07:00 AM
Quote JSWolf
Where is the Clara HD in that advert?
Maybe that retailer doesn't stock them?

#5  DNSB 01-20-2021, 11:14 AM
Quote Uncle Robin
Maybe that retailer doesn't stock them?
From their web page, PB Tech does carry the Clara HD.

#6  JSWolf 01-20-2021, 12:12 PM
Quote DNSB
From their web page, PB Tech does carry the Clara HD.
It's just a shame that he advert does not show the Clara HD. Also, when you go to PB Tech's website from the link in the advert, the Forma is not shown. They really need to work their site and advert.

#7  DNSB 01-20-2021, 02:00 PM
Quote JSWolf
It's just a shame that he advert does not show the Clara HD. Also, when you go to PB Tech's website from the link in the advert, the Forma is not shown. They really need to work their site and advert.
Odd. When I click on the link for the Forma's Get it at PBTech link, it does show up. If you want to see all PBTech's products, click on the view more products at PBTech link.

#8  Uncle Robin 01-20-2021, 07:01 PM
I agree that the omission of the Clara from the advertorial page was odd. Perhaps they have a glut of Nias they're keen to move. That would be easy to believe, as the Nia is underwhelming in its appeal, I think.

#9  davidfor 01-20-2021, 07:32 PM
I think leaving out the Clara HD makes some sense. They have the budget device, the middle of the road device and the luxury device. They might have thought that add the second six inch would be confusing. Or it already sells well enough that they don't need to promote it. And if they have them all on display, it might sell itself when people compare it to the Nia.

#10  Uncle Robin 01-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Quote davidfor
if they have them all on display, it might sell itself when people compare it to the Nia.
A likely outcome, I think.

Next »  Last »  (1/3)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register