Mobileread
Kobo Sage and Libra 2 released (pre-order)
#111  tourneur 10-14-2021, 01:50 AM
Disappointed to see the Libra 2 with an indented screen still. That was the one thing I hope they would change. Don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from the Libra 1 as I have no need for audiobook support. The supposedly better contrast is nice but need to see how much of an improvement it is.

#112  Dr. Drib 10-14-2021, 10:47 AM
Comparison weights to mull over:

The Kobo Forma weighs 197 grams (6.95 ounces).
The Kobo Sage weighs 241 grams (8.50 ounces).
The Ipad Mini (Wi-Fi only) weighs 293 grams (10.34 ounces).

Does anyone feel that the Ipad Mini is just a tad too heavy?

For me, it's not so much the weight of the Sage, but the unknown quality of the screen.

#113  meeera 10-14-2021, 11:57 AM
Quote Dr. Drib
Comparison weights to mull over:

The Kobo Forma weighs 197 grams (6.95 ounces).
The Kobo Sage weighs 241 grams (8.50 ounces).
The Ipad Mini (Wi-Fi only) weighs 293 grams (10.34 ounces).

Does anyone feel that the Ipad Mini is just a tad too heavy?
Of course. That's why I don't read novels on mine.

And as I said before, remember that a Forma doesn't necessarily need a cover, which saves a lot more weight again.

#114  ZodWallop 10-14-2021, 01:30 PM
Quote tourneur
Disappointed to see the Libra 2 with an indented screen still. That was the one thing I hope they would change. Don't see a compelling reason to upgrade from the Libra 1 as I have no need for audiobook support. The supposedly better contrast is nice but need to see how much of an improvement it is.
Yeah, I was hoping flush screen would become the norm.

As someone who has neither, I don't see a compelling reason to choose the 2 over the 1. I kinda like the design of the 1 better. But I have heard the buttons are sucky, so an upgrade to that would be nice.

The USB-C and 32GB are nice to haves, but not enough to influence my buying decision.

#115  Skydog 10-14-2021, 09:49 PM
Quote ZodWallop
Yeah, I was hoping flush screen would become the norm.

As someone who has neither, I don't see a compelling reason to choose the 2 over the 1. I kinda like the design of the 1 better. But I have heard the buttons are sucky, so an upgrade to that would be nice.

The USB-C and 32GB are nice to haves, but not enough to influence my buying decision.
Huh? The buttons are perfectly fine.

#116  rcentros 10-14-2021, 11:40 PM
Quote Skydog
Huh? The buttons are perfectly fine.
I think the button issue was with the Formas, wasn't it?

#117  rantanplan 10-15-2021, 02:59 AM
The power button for the Forma is super bad. But it's the only problem I have with it's buttons.

#118  rcentros 10-15-2021, 04:15 AM
Quote rantanplan
The power button for the Forma is super bad. But it's the only problem I have with it's buttons.
That's right. Now I remember. Someone was suggesting a sleep cover because the power button (on someone's unit) was almost impossible to use. A few others mentioned that they had that same issue. Thanks for the correction. Sorry I got it wrong.

#119  kyôdai 10-15-2021, 09:54 AM
I am going to share this here as well.

#120  issybird 10-15-2021, 10:39 AM
Quote kyôdai
I am going to share this here as well.
Please don’t crosspost; it’s a violation of the guidelines which should be read. I’ll add that it’s particularly heinous when you’re hijacking a thread to do so!

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (12/26)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register