Mobileread
Firmware 4.24.15672
#1  geek1011 09-23-2020, 05:06 PM
Firmware 4.24.15672 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.

#2  JSWolf 09-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Kobo Firmware 4.24.15672

Kobo firmware 4.24.15672 has been released. As of September 23, 2020, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Nia, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick Gaskin (geek1011). Source Code

#3  bajillioneer 09-23-2020, 05:28 PM
Is it just me or the last two updates have been laggy and slower

#4  JSWolf 09-23-2020, 05:36 PM
Quote bajillioneer
Is it just me or the last two updates have been laggy and slower
I've not found 4.23.15548 to be laggy or slow(er). I've not tried the previous release that was for the Nia.

#5  DNSB 09-23-2020, 06:04 PM
One update in 4.24.15672 that some may find interesting is that Kobo has updated most of the dictionaries and are now using Oxford except for the unilingual French dictionary which is still Merriam-Webster.

#6  geek1011 09-23-2020, 06:20 PM
reserved (I'll fill this in later)

TLDR: So far, I've found a lot of improvements related to both the dictionary handling and the TOC view. The TOC view has now implemented the functionality of the patch I made a while ago to increase the indentation (it now has a specific value for each device which is about 3x as wide as before). It also now bolds the active item instead of adding a gigantic checkmark beside it. And, custom dictionaries are now a first-class citizen (more on this and the other dictionary changes with the next dictutil release)!

Note that this release might take me a bit longer than usual since I'm very busy right now and I'll also need to look at everything to do with the dictionaries again.

I will be making notes about the new dictionary handling here: https://github.com/pgaskin/dictutil/issues/14

Also see here for technical information about this release and stuff related to the patches: https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch-patches/issues/76

#7  MustardOrMayo 09-23-2020, 07:16 PM
Whoa! That was fast! Now to sync my Clara HD to get the update, and if I find any changes, I'll be sure to share screenshots.

EDIT: Doesn't yet show up on my Clara HD, nor my Glo HD, and both Auras. I'll manually sideload the update!

EDIT 2: It looks like Kobo's eReader team might've uploaded this update 1 week in advance, as I noticed a mention of 1 October 2020 in the release notes:

What's new
I won't be taking screenshots of the dictionary menu, but will take screenshots of the TOC and annotation menus if I can.

#8  Braid 09-23-2020, 07:38 PM
Quote DNSB
One update in 4.24.15672 that some may find interesting is that Kobo has updated most of the dictionaries and are now using Oxford except for the unilingual French dictionary which is still Merriam-Webster.
That's amazing news (for me).

#9  PeterT 09-23-2020, 07:45 PM
I believe you'll find that the dictionaries have yet to change; wait for October 1st.

Also this is the usual limited release, release so unless you manually install it you might not see it.

#10  MustardOrMayo 09-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Quote PeterT
I believe you'll find that the dictionaries have yet to change; wait for October 1st.
Ah! Thanks for the info! It probably has to do with licencing.

EDIT: I see them on my Clara HD after updating!

Next »  Last »  (1/11)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register