Mobileread
My own eBook in Moon Reader: Missing Chapters in Moon Reader
#1  abraum 09-22-2020, 01:07 PM
Hi,

i've created some eBooks in epub format and have some problems when reading the files in Moon Reader. There is a function in Moon Reader where i can see the chapters and bookmarks (if created). When i go to the "chapter view" in Moon Reader there are some chapters but they have all the same name and the name is the file name of the epub file. Some of them are linking to the beginning of a chapter some not. Is there a file in the epub thats used by Moon Reader to get the chapter information?

Thankx,
abraum

#2  Doitsu 09-22-2020, 01:27 PM
Quote abraum
Some of them are linking to the beginning of a chapter some not. Is there a file in the epub thats used by Moon Reader to get the chapter information?
Most likely there are formatting errors in your book. If you're a Calibre Editor user, you might want to check it by pressing F7 and have it fix all errors. You also might want to check your book with EPUBCheck, which is available as a plugin for Calibre Editor and Sigil.
You also might want to check your book with Adobe Digital Editions.

#3  abraum 09-23-2020, 07:07 AM
Check was ok, there are no errors.

I found a function to create a table of content in calibre editor. This works in Moon reader but some strange things happens. Lets say i have

page 1: cover
page 2: some information about the autor
page 3: first chapter

In the table of content i link to page 3. This works. But Moon reader merges page 1 and page 2 to one page and there is a new entry in the table of content which links to page 1. The name of this entry is the name of the epub file.

I don't what that. I don't need to link to the cover. I have had this in moon reader with other books before.

Can i create a table of content without numbers before every entry? Calibre creates <ol> and <li> tags. Of course i can change this into <h3> or so but every time i use calibre editor again i have <ol> and <li> tags.

#4  JSWolf 09-23-2020, 07:42 AM
Quote abraum
Check was ok, there are no errors.

I found a function to create a table of content in calibre editor. This works in Moon reader but some strange things happens. Lets say i have

page 1: cover
page 2: some information about the autor
page 3: first chapter

In the table of content i link to page 3. This works. But Moon reader merges page 1 and page 2 to one page and there is a new entry in the table of content which links to page 1. The name of this entry is the name of the epub file.

I don't what that. I don't need to link to the cover. I have had this in moon reader with other books before.

Can i create a table of content without numbers before every entry? Calibre creates <ol> and <li> tags. Of course i can change this into <h3> or so but every time i use calibre editor again i have <ol> and <li> tags.
But how does this work in Adobe Digital Editions? My guess is this is a Moon+ issue because Moon+ does not follow the code all that well.

#5  abraum 09-24-2020, 09:54 AM
I'm on Linux and there is no ADE for Linux.

#6  Doitsu 09-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Quote abraum
IIRC, you can run ADE 1.7.2 with Wine.
Azardi Reader is also available for Linux.

#7  JSWolf 09-24-2020, 02:48 PM
Quote Doitsu
IIRC, you can run ADE 1.7.2 with Wine.
Azardi Reader is also available for Linux.
ADE 1.7.2 does not count nor does it matter. The lowest version that does count/matter is 2.0.1.

#8  JSWolf 09-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Quote abraum
If you are going to make eBooks, then you'll need Windows so you can use ADE.

#9  j.p.s 09-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Quote JSWolf
If you are going to make eBooks, then you'll need Windows so you can use ADE.
I don't do windows.

#10  JSWolf 09-24-2020, 03:42 PM
If you are going to make ePub eBooks, you'll need to run Widows even if just dual-booting. Sorry, but you need to test with ADE.

Next »  Last »  (1/2)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register