Mobileread
AMAZON Tracking??
#1  Barbara1955 09-06-2020, 12:53 PM
I ordered 2 Different items 1 Day apart. The 1st has the USPS Tracking... No Problem. The Second has Amazon Tracking on it.... WTHeck is That? BTW Its Coming from Oregon US ...

#2  Deskisamess 09-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Amazon has their own delivery fleet. That is what Amazon tracking is.

They typically snap a photo of the package when they deliver it.
73503575-DAD6-42A0-A2B9-B6E028807BF1.jpeg 

#3  Skydog 09-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Quote Deskisamess
Amazon has their own delivery fleet. That is what Amazon tracking is.

They typically snap a photo of the package when they deliver it.
Until recently live tracking was available when the package was in the area, showing a map, real time vehicle location/movement labeled with "x stops away." What a great feature. I suspect its suspension may be related to the recent assaults on AMZ drivers by the low-life, criminal rioting scum.

#4  Deskisamess 09-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Quote Skydog
Until recently live tracking was available when the package was in the area, showing a map, real time vehicle location/movement labeled with "x stops away." What a great feature. I suspect its suspension may be related to the recent assaults on AMZ drivers by the low-life, criminal rioting scum.
It comes and goes for me, and UPS does the same thing for some deliveries.

I just wish all drivers would not put boxes on the front porch where they block the door. So you end up having to push the screen door open, which pushes the box to the hinge side of the door, meaning you have to step all the way out on the porch and close the door, to pick up the box.

The mailman does this too. There is plenty of room to the side of the door that you can easily reach from the inside, without having to step all the way out.

We had decent mailmen/women for years. Now they are never the same person, they allow the mail to hang out of the box in the rain, it's terrible service compared to what it used to be. We get almost all bills via email now, mostly because of the degradation of the service.

#5  Barbara1955 09-06-2020, 02:14 PM
Hummm does this mean they ditched the USPO & UPS?

With me the Lean the package on the door & run Then I have to be careful when I open the door Not to let it drop...esp with breakables! Or like my Freezer I had to be careful Not to get my Toes Broke! How they felt it was ok to let it tilt on the Door when he took it Off the Dolly was Dumb!

OK so do they have a Tracking app or something to watch for packages? How does this work?

#6  Deskisamess 09-06-2020, 02:20 PM
Amazon still ships with UPS and USPS. We get deliveries from all 3. I've had deliveries from Amazon on the same day from different services. It all depends on where the delivery originated from.

I don't use the Amazon shopping app, no idea if you can track via that app. I use a browser on my iDevices and track from the order itself.

#7  Barbara1955 09-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Me too. I did a search tho... Go to your Account ... make sure you sign up for Text notices for Tracking packages. [Done ]

#8  Deskisamess 09-06-2020, 03:43 PM
Quote Barbara1955
Me too. I did a search tho... Go to your Account ... make sure you sign up for Text notices for Tracking packages. [Done ]
I don't give my phone number out for tracking texts to any site.

#9  Barbara1955 09-06-2020, 04:00 PM
Those Text Can be Annoying ... Try tracking packages being sent by UPS, USPS & some China Co at the Same Time Several times a Day & nite!! eek

#10  barryem 09-06-2020, 06:29 PM
I ran into an unusual problem ordering a new tablet and a 512gb micro SD card from Amazon. It arrived, along with a couple of items I'd ordered for my neighbors, and the Amazon boxes were in perfect condition. When I opened the box that should have had my tablet and card there was no card and the Samsung box that should have contained the tablet had been ripped open and there was no tablet. There was a power adapter but no cable.

Since the outer box was in good shape this obviously happened at Amazon. Very weird.

Amazon is making it good and my replacements should arrive tomorrow. I've been buying a lot of stuff from them every month for years, not having a car and living in a small rural town, and nothing like this has ever happened before. They've always been extremely reliable.

Barry

Next »  Last »  (1/7)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register