Mobileread
ePub Book Requests (Public Domain books ONLY!)
#11  ghostyjack 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm currently in the process of putting up H.P. Lovecraft's work but unfortunatly I don't have much in the way of illustrations for them. If anyone has got some or can point me to where I can find them, I'll incorporate them into my books.

#12  Kore 04-30-2010, 02:10 PM
The Dragonlance Chronicles (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night & Dragons of Spring Dawning) would be great. I have been trying to find them for a while without success... written by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman.

#13  Jellby 04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote Kore
The Dragonlance Chronicles (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night & Dragons of Spring Dawning) would be great. I have been trying to find them for a while without success... written by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman.
Yes, but they are not copyright-free, so unless the authors choose to publish them here I don't think we can do anything with them.

Note that here at MobileRead we only upload books that are public domain in Canada or in the United States, or with the author's permission.

#14  andyotter 05-20-2010, 08:59 AM
I've searched around on t'internet and found nothing like this. I found Collins dictionary and a phrasebook on ebooks.com but these were so badly put together by Collins ePUB team that they crashed my PRS-300 continually.

Any one heard of a functional french<->english dictionary in ePUB?

#15  jayferson 07-03-2010, 07:16 AM
can anybody upload michael robotham novels??? very much appreciate it

#16  HarryT 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote jayferson
can anybody upload michael robotham novels??? very much appreciate it
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST COPYRIGHTED WORKS. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO STRESS THIS POINT MORE STRONGLY!!!

#17  graphicsgirl 07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
If someone could upload Ruth Stiles Gannett's "My Father's Dragon" for the little ones, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

#18  Worldwalker 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote graphicsgirl
If someone could upload Ruth Stiles Gannett's "My Father's Dragon" for the little ones, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
It's available on PG, if that's any help.

#19  afa 07-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote HarryT
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST COPYRIGHTED WORKS. I REALLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO STRESS THIS POINT MORE STRONGLY!!!
Use a larger font?

So I've noticed that the version of Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker that is available here is v6.1. Now, I know Sanderson had several versions available on his website since he was making early drafts available as well. But there is a final version of the completed novel available there now. Appropriately enough, the file is called "Warbreaker-Final" and it's in PDF.

I don't know what the difference is between v6.1 and Final, but I assume there are some. Could someone, er, take care of that? I would, but frankly don't know how. I tried simply converting it in Calibre, but the formatting changes (no italics, for instance).

Anyone willing? (ePub preferably, since most readers seem to support that.)

P.S. I also want to 'request' people to upload Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy. I know it's under copyright, but Harry's point wasn't quite stressed strongly enough for me.

#20  MrsJoseph 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok, please don't flame me or anything for this question. It may be stupid but I'm new and have never used MobileRead nor have I shared eBooks before (I’m not a big fan of sharing my bound books, either).

Regarding uploads & requests... when we upload (I'm assuming to the Library here) are we uploading a book to be borrowed from the library by another member (like I do from my library with ADE) or are we creating a download for the member to own the book?

The reason I ask is that if we are actually creating a library, I can donate my purchased books to my local library (and I often do, if I want to own it as well I just buy two copies). Would I be able to donate books to the Library here?

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/20)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register