Mobileread
BookCreator Tool v3.5
#501  thalen 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Newcomers's observation: Template included it current archive (*.dotm) WILL NOT EXECUTE properly even though the toolbar may be visible. Any attempt to make use of it shall result in Error 5941 "The requested member of the collection does not exist."

One must use *.dot template of the same to see available style options right from the start and use them as needed. I tried to incude this info in BookCreator wiki yesterday but was refused for some reason.

#502  =X= 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi Talen,
I'm not sure that is correct, the "dot" extension is for 2003 and lower versions of Word. The other formats is for 2007 and on.

So while dot files work with 2007 in compatibility mode, dotm files will work natively.

#503  thalen 03-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Hello =X=,

Not being a programmer I most likely brought confusion into the matter, thank you for clarification. In the meantime I managed to format my "test drive" e-book to my complete satisfaction however I still do encounter strange behaviour while working with the template. Is there any particular folder within "Program Files" or "Application data" structures wherein your template should be placed in in order to work properly?

#504  =X= 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
My method is to put the template file in my documents folder under a directory file I made titled Templates. I then make a short cut to the file on my launch bar. To run the tool,I just click on the shortcut and it launched a new word document.

Btw I think the issue you might be having us a security issue make sure word is set up to allow macros to execute.

« First  « Prev   (51/51)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register