Mobileread
Audible.com for Australians
#1  Lynx-lynx 09-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Am I right in thinking that there is no Aus Audible, that it's the US version that we use and that the prices quoted are in USD?

Why I think this is because when I look at the full Amazon Aus store directory there isn't a section for audiobooks. See pic below ...

And yet the audiobooks.com site auto comes up with my name and account details.

Golly we get the rough end of the pineapple with Amazon, eh!!
amazon_options.JPG 

#2  Sweetpea 09-01-2014, 07:20 AM
I think there's only one Audible store and that's international. There is a regional difference in the catalog though. I know there are Audible books for sale that I, living in the Netherlands, cannot buy.

#3  Lynx-lynx 09-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Quote Sweetpea
I think there's only one Audible store and that's international. There is a regional difference in the catalog though. I know there are Audible books for sale that I, living in the Netherlands, cannot buy.
What currency do you see the audible site in? Euro or USD?

#4  Sweetpea 09-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote Lynx-lynx
What currency do you see the audible site in? Euro or USD?
USD but there's no Audible.nl (nor an Amazon.nl). I'll only see the euro price after going to checkout.

#5  Piepan 09-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Quote Lynx-lynx
Am I right in thinking that there is no Aus Audible, that it's the US version that we use and that the prices quoted are in USD?

Why I think this is because when I look at the full Amazon Aus store directory there isn't a section for audiobooks. See pic below ...

And yet the audiobooks.com site auto comes up with my name and account details.

Golly we get the rough end of the pineapple with Amazon, eh!!

Have you tried this url? - http://www.audible.com.au/

Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register