Mobileread
PRS-T1 T1 crashing/freezing? [PLEASE DISREGARD POLL]
#11  petercreasey 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote Extragooey
No crashes at all for me. Had it since 10/6.
E, Truthfully, the "crashes" appear to be with units that are pushing the envelope...which is not to excuse the failure(s)!!

#12  Bookworm_Girl 10-10-2011, 09:31 PM
It's happened to me twice. Once in a periodical and once in a large book (1700+ pages). I was using the device daily for a week and read one book (purchased with DRM) and one short story (borrowed from library) and have been reading another short story (public domain - no DRM) without any issues until it froze yesterday. Then today I had a weird issue where the text was all jumbled up. It was turning pages normally but text from the previous chapter was inserted in the middle of pages in the new chapter. I had to exit the book and then reload the current chapter.

I have no SD card and about 250 books loaded now. The one thing that did change was that until this weekend I only had about a dozen books loaded. The freezing happened after I loaded more books. Could be related or could just be coincidence...

#13  twinszz 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
@Bookworm_Girl

Mine froze with only 12 books then again today with over 250 books. I don't believe the number of books is an issue.

I believe it is an OS issue that Sony didn't take the time or respect to correct before they shipped the product.

#14  Pegster 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I've had no problems at all with my T1. I had quite a few problems with the Reader for PC software seizing up and crashing... but none with the device itself. I have about 140 books on it, no SD card.

#15  beespeckled 10-11-2011, 02:16 AM
I just checked w/dd and she has had no problems, running smoothly.

She has only hooked the t1 up for charging, everything loaded on it has been via WiFi, Sony store, google books and library overdrive downloads. She has had it since Sept 30th? 20+ books are loaded on it at this time. A variety of epub and manga pdf's. DRM & DRM-free.

#16  graycyn 10-11-2011, 03:40 AM
No freezes for hubby as yet. I'll report back if he experiences one. There are not a large number of books loaded on it though and no PDFs at this time.

#17  sabredog 10-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Seems the same issue is surfacing for Aussie T1 owners as well.

#18  twinszz 10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Ok, I did just post this on the Freeze/crash thread.

I called Sony and as usual did not like the repetive, "We have not had any reports of the T1 crashing or Freezing, nor have we heard of the unexpected page turns with the touch application "freezing"." , nor did I like the personal attitude "Jonathan" kept giving me until I called him on it.

In the end, his suggestion was to return the unit to Sony for another NEW unit, since there is no upgrade. I turned him down, as I bought the unit locally from Target who has a 90 day return policy.

In other words, Sony doesn't know anything about this unit and the ONLY suggestion Customer Service is scriptted to have is: do a hard reset which will erase everything off of the unit. Didn't work.

#19  Pomtroll 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote twinszz
Ok, I did just post this on the Freeze/crash thread.

I called Sony and as usual did not like the repetive, "We have not had any reports of the T1 crashing or Freezing, nor have we heard of the unexpected page turns with the touch application "freezing"." , nor did I like the personal attitude "Jonathan" kept giving me until I called him on it.

In the end, his suggestion was to return the unit to Sony for another NEW unit, since there is no upgrade. I turned him down, as I bought the unit locally from Target who has a 90 day return policy.

In other words, Sony doesn't know anything about this unit and the ONLY suggestion Customer Service is scriptted to have is: do a hard reset which will erase everything off of the unit. Didn't work.
Well Jonathan may be ignorant of it but I have talked to 3 support staff about it. So there certainly have been reports about it. But what Sony is doing is not so unusual. Whenever we have product problems in our dental laboratory industry it is strange how no one else seems to be having that problem. They don't realize we dental lab owners talk to each other...duh!

#20  lightforx 10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
my unit went into a infinite loop yesterday.

while reading a book, the loading icon appeared (circular arrow going round and round).

it was a continuous flash, loading, flash, loading, flash. reset solves it.

« First  « Prev Next »  Last »  (2/37)
Today's Posts | Search this Thread | Login | Register